Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Popped Tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My initial thought is $1,650 seems like a paltry discount and 1,000 free Supercharger miles is an insult. You can get 1,000 Supercharger miles on your own using one of the thousands of referral links floating around. Anyhow, need more information to provide perspective. How many miles on the car? Have you inspected it thoroughly? What's the VIN range? Do you have history of repairs or issues?

My initial thought is $1,650 seems like a paltry discount and 1,000 free Supercharger miles is an insult. You can get 1,000 Supercharger miles on your own using one of the thousands of referral links floating around. Anyhow, need more information to provide perspective. How many miles on the car? Have you inspected it thoroughly? What's the VIN range? Do you have history of repairs or issues?

The car is brand new, apparently just sat in showroom a bit. I agree the Supercharger miles is worthless, but is in addition to my referral link.

0 miles. I have not inspected it, but I'd imagine if they are displaying it then it wouldn't have anything terrible on the exterior. I can call back about the VIN. I assume no repairs or issues.

I have to add I literally was pouring a stiff Negroni as an end of quarter drink when my SA texted me because I was just there a day ago debating wheels. Timing isn't exactly great.

The car is brand new, apparently just sat in showroom a bit. I agree the Supercharger miles is worthless, but is in addition to my referral link.

0 miles. I have not inspected it, but I'd imagine if they are displaying it then it wouldn't have anything terrible on the exterior. I can call back about the VIN. I assume no repairs or issues.

I have to add I literally was pouring a stiff Negroni as an end of quarter drink when my SA texted me because I was just there a day ago debating wheels. Timing isn't exactly great.

They want to count every car for this quarter, that's why there is a time limit to get it. There's a chance it will be there tomorrow if you're willing to roll the dice. If the store isn't too far from you, it's probably worth it looking at it. It'll have had people pawing at it and sitting in it.... possibly depending on COVID rules. It may have had doors locked and only serious buyers sitting inside. As long as it isn't damaged there isn't really a downside. I was offered one with 3,700 miles for ~$2,800 off (it was a demo), so if yours was just sitting around looking pretty, that discount isn't too bad...

Reactions: jpfive
I'd day that a showroom car would be selected for appearance, so it should have no paint or fitment issues. The downside is there have been hundreds of asses in the driver's seat by now, and fingers poking at every inch, but nothing a little detailing can't fix.

Except for COVID. I know some stores were keeping cars locked because they couldn't sanitize them between customers and they could be a COVID risk. So you could ask what the policy had been at that store for the past few months and how long the car has been there. It might have been locked for 2 or 3 + months and the store may have been closed (non-contact delivery only) for a couple months. With the Y showing up Feb/March it might actually be that it's only been pawed at by people for a couple months during the late summer....

• Helpful
Reactions: kevin1
It was locked for Covid. VIN is 42xxx.

That seems somewhat recent... maybe last couple months? I think we're up to 50 something right now... So just hands on it and hopefully not that many parents with kids were hanging out in the mall (if it's a mall location). The car might be in very good condition. If you were planning on getting paint correction/paint protection or ceramic anyway any small issues would be corrected once you took it to your detailer anyway...

Looking at the order sheet we've been putting together (Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet) it seems maybe mid August? I'm honestly surprised it wasn't more like $600 discounted !

Ok thanks guys. I’m sprinting down on a bike now lol. Can somebody post me that github link for the check off sheet? I can’t find it on phone. I’m assuming I’ll see the slightly off bumper paint but whatever.

I bet the build quality is good...and great it’s been locked.
I’ve seen two Ys in two diff showrooms and they both were good. One was locked the other wasn’t. Both were in the earlier ranges...20xxx and I think 10xxx.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Did you end up getting it? :)

Woooo! Yep just did a 25 point turn to back it into my garage and finally finishing my drink.

I went through the checklist and honestly nothing really stood out at all, except certain lights I see the color bumper plastic hue difference. I’ll review more tomorrow but I feel good about it. Haggled for software upgrades and more off but didn’t even seem possible.

Thanks for all the help guys. You all literally got me to skip dinner, sprint out of my house and bike downtown, and get it tonight.

Woooo! Yep just did a 25 point turn to back it into my garage and finally finishing my drink.

I went through the checklist and honestly nothing really stood out at all, except certain lights I see the color bumper plastic hue difference. I’ll review more tomorrow but I feel good about it. Haggled for software upgrades and more off but didn’t even seem possible.

Thanks for all the help guys. You all literally got me to skip dinner, sprint out of my house and bike downtown, and get it tonight.
Hopefully the drink tastes a little better now!

Still waiting for my damn blue LR... going a little crazy now since any other color seems like I would have taken delivery by now >.<

Ha same boat as you. Hell if I was willing to even do white seats I could have been matched already but refuse to pay an extra $1k for it out of principal. If it was same price meh.

I have a dog who sheds everywhere. Feel like the white seats are more work then I want to deal with.

Still waiting for my damn blue LR... going a little crazy now since any other color seems like I would have taken delivery by now >.<

Same waiting for blue... only a couple weeks now but I'm still impatient. I at least have my Model 3, but still... the wait always kills.