Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times 2-4 weeks: SR+ black, white interior, auto-pilot w/reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an SR+ black last week, with the only customization being white interior. Auto-pilot doesn't count since it's probably one switch.

Made a reservation online on the first day it opened up, 3 years ago I think? I also live in Pacific Northwest (Canada) which is no doubt a factor.

Anyway, I called Tesla sales - and asked them if they're trending towards a 2 week delivery window (as my profile says), and she said it's closer to 4 weeks.

Of course i want the car now, but i honestly didn't expect 2 weeks either. That also gives me time to get the garage ready, get a charger installed, get my existing car ready for sale, gloat to ICE owners etc... :)

Thanks for the info, couple questions maybe you know the answer to:

1) As a reservation holder, did you need to put an additional downpayment of $2,500 when completing the online form to buy the car?
2) Are delivery times to Canada usually longer than the US these days? (I"m in Washington State, so close geographically but a country away :)

Thanks for the info, couple questions maybe you know the answer to:

1) As a reservation holder, did you need to put an additional downpayment of $2,500 when completing the online form to buy the car?
2) Are delivery times to Canada usually longer than the US these days? (I"m in Washington State, so close geographically but a country away :)

Hi! Yes I had to put the extra 2500$ (3200$ up here) in addition the reservation down payment from 3 years ago.

For delivery time - Canada always takes longer for everything, I think all things equal for make, model and queue - someone in California or western US will get their car first.

That’s just my wild guess, and maybe just the insecure Canadian in me lol. I’ll keep you posted...next step is to wait for a VIN # to be assigned and the they will set a delivery time I’m told (after payment? Not sure yet)

Reactions: Big-T
I ordered the exact same configuration.
Black exterior, white interior, autopilot, no other options, SR Plus.
Bang on cost of $55,000 CAD plus tax, admin and shipping.
That's $44,999 base model, $8,701 for SR Plus and $1300 for white interior.

Ordered March 23 - still waiting!
No word from Tesla.
Located in London Ontario.

Closest dealer is 1.5 hours away in Oakville Ontario. I'm thinking I will be waiting right to the end of June - quarter end.

That would be 14 weeks from ordering.
I have little faith in Tesla.....

How long will you have to wait? That's easy. You will essentially have to wait until the car is ready. I'm not being facetious, its just the it really isn't known until a car is assigned to you and then it's like tomorrow.

Tesla has been producing in batches, to begin with it was a color a week, but I assume that it's not the same now. So it's basically wait until one is produced and then wait until transport becomes available and then you get the call to pick up in a day or two.

Unless one becomes available in inventory somewhere.