Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS at SC for 2 weeks after eMMC recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our 2017 MS was taken to our local SC for the eMMC recall over 2 weeks ago... and it's still there. It took them 48 hours to perform the initial recall service, after which they tried to give me back the car but everything was broken. No GPS, autopilot, FSD, auto wipers, navigation, etc. The driver's door handle also would not present. They spent a week working on it without being able to tell me exactly what went wrong or what they were trying to do to fix it.

They notified me yesterday that it was ready for pick-up (after charging me $450 to replace the driver's door handle... they were totally unwilling to negotiate the price despite replacing another handle late last year at the parts-only price of $250). I made the 40 minute drive down only to discover that the center console lid would no longer retract. Clearly something had been dropped into it. They've had the car since then without providing a single update on when I can expect to get it back.

I'm not sure what's so hard about actually checking the car before declaring it "done."

I know they're busy and overworked, but this is completely unacceptable. Our service experience when we first bought the car back in 2017 was stellar. The level of service has deteriorated rapidly since then, to the point that I cancelled my Cybertruck reservation earlier this morning and am looking at alternative EVs.

It's a shame because the Tesla cars themselves are great, but the service center experience is nothing short of abusive.