Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Delivery Wed or Thursday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sends me a text. Select a pickup time for Wed or Thur. I am working in a prehospital setting and can't make it till Friday at the earliest. I call Tesla, they forward me to the plant in Fremont CA. I leave a message. let's just say I don;t expect a call back. I am afraid they'll select a time for me. Any idea who I should call? The automated Pick-An-Appointment webpage they directed me to does not allow for choosing another day/time. I suppose this is the beginning of that terrible Tesla service I have heard os much about. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Wow. Tesla sends me a text. Pick a delivery date they say. I am working both days (48 hours straight) and cannot do it. No response to my texts/phone calls. An hour later they send another text saying they will pick a date if I don't by such and such a time. 15 minutes later a different guy from tesla texts me and asks if he can deliver to my house in an hour. No, not possible I say. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and up to my eyes in this Coronavirus crap. It's busy. I'm at work. Capice? Then yet *another* guy texts me and asks can I pick the following one of two days. I try within a minute of receieving the text and they're all taken. Yet another text (from God knows who) tells me they will call me. (These are all from different numbers and no contact name or introduction is ever included). They don't call but another guy from Dublin (CA) a text and asks me to call him. I do. He is very nice and proceeds to say no problem I will drive it to your house (about 28 miles away) on Sat at 12:30. Is that ok? yeah sure I say. Please finish the payment process online he says (I already did). I thought I was supposed to pick it up from all these previous texts I have been getting all day I tell him. He has no idea what I'm talking about. WTF is going on with these people? I have heard about Tesla service being horrible but this was a complete circus and I don't even have the car yet! Do they really expect you, at a moment's notice, to drop everything and come get the car? Not even a day or two advance notice is possible?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
@upkerry14 ,
such a weird experience but at least you are closer to getting the car. I got a text out of the blue a couple days ago saying my car will be leaving fremont on the 20th and that "they are here to answer any questions i have". Well I sent several texts to that same number back in feb with NO responses, so I guess any one at tesla who handles this end of the process has access to the number.

off topic

also, I was a FF/paramedic for 10 years in the 90s. Had the best position on the truck -- tiller! open cab, then to a new Pierce pumper ladder with closed cab (Cadillac). my heart goes out to you brother. I just saw somewhere in SF there was a house fire overnight ..

Stay in brotha...

I appreciate what everyone is doing to help us get over this thing also and I'm sure you and many others are doing work just as important as mine. I hesitated to mention my job as I'm not looking for kudos but only to illustrate the point that I hoped Tesla would understand why *I* might not be able to get my car at *their* convenience given my job and the CV19 situation. There seems to be no acknowledgement of the current crisis in their dealings with cusotmers. Thank you.

Got a text message earlier to schedule a delivery date (Fremont Delivery Center). Says "We are now offering express delivery experience. Check in, complete documents on your own in your Model 3, watch tutorials on the touchscreen and drive".

Lol kinda funny but I'm guessing is to minimize contact with this Covid 19 stuff.