Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo Plaid Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Texas. I'm looking at picking up a MSP. I found a 2023 demo on Tesla's website that matches the build options that I am looking for. $7,490 off with a year of warranty burned (3 & 7 years left) and 53 miles on the odometer.

The extended service agreement is currently $3,100 for an additional 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Most likely it will be the calendar months because I do not drive all that much. Approximately 10,000 miles per year. The "savings" is now $5,900 extrapolating the cost per year for the extended service agreement.

Is it "worth" the discount to get the 2023 model with the discount or hold out for a 2024 with the updated wheel, the horn in it's proper place, and sport seats? I do not have a specific budget that I am bound by, that being said, I do not want to throw money away on depreciation

Thank you for your replies!

I would get the 24 and all the latest and greatest stuff. I have a 22 and I wish I had some of those items but can’t pull the trigger to trade up. Are those important to you? What about leasing brand new since you don’t drive many miles?

How does a demo only have 53 miles? I think I drove farther than that on my extended test drive. 😜

Good points. I am leaning towards finding a nice 2024 at a non-Tesla dealership. I had one I had my eye on that I let slip away. 982 miles, FSD, yoke, white interior, grey exterior, and arachnids for just under 82k.

I have no idea how the demo only has 58 (I had a typo on the op.) miles on it. It's kind of crazy. The

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Buy my one enthusiast owned, Track Pack brakes 12K mile '23, XPeled since new MSP in SoCal for $95K (comes with stock Arachnids with OEM tires plenty of meat). :D

Babied, sorted. World class go/stop daily driver cars. Gl!

MSP Track.PNG

Reactions: Cobra281
I bought a demo 23 plaid few months ago. Ticked all the boxes I wanted; it's red, cream interior, has USS, and has yoke which I preferred and now it would cost extra.

It had 13000km (~8000mi) in the odometer, but it was a whopping 24000€ below MSRP... It was cheaper than a new LR by a good margin.

It's also a car that has seen a lot here in Finland, it's funny to read magazine articles featuring your own car. Here's one example, translated to English for your convenience:

Just type the license plate to Google image search to find more.

Of course I was initially slightly worried that car probably has seen some harsh driving, but so far it seems to drive perfectly. It might be a good thing. If anything is going to break, I'm sure it will happen before the warranty runs out.

Reactions: Cobra281