Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has My Tesla Had A Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just settling into my LR and really enjoying it, though it arrived filthy via Cinch and the child who delivered it couldn't wait to go, currently being given a massive detail by a local company I have used before.

The car has no service records of any work having been undertaken, is there any way to tell?...I saw this on the Tesla website

Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.
For additional information on vehicle alerts, see Troubleshooting Alerts.
  • Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)*.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4** years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years.
  • Clean and lubricate brake calliper's every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
**A/C desiccant bag replacement can be extended to 6 years on vehicles manufactured between approximately 2017-2021.

Can I get it booked in to have the brake fluid, air filter and brake calliper's cheked?...as its less that 4 years old and under 50K presume the warranty is still good.

Just to be clear, all of those maintenance advice things are optional, Tesla's don't generally go in for service, I've changed the air filters myself previously.

If you do want you can book with Tesla to lubricate the callipers and change the filters, book it through the app.

In the UK we don't rotate tyres, that's an American thing. If you have a LR they all pretty much wear at the same rate anyway.

From what i found when pourchasing my Tesla Model S, you cant access serice history for second hand cars. On my MS i can only see service history from when i owned it, nothing before. Tesla blame it on GDPR informaiton, however if the information is related to the car only it shouldnt be an issue. The only thought is that as everything is done in your app and the car has stored certain personal information they cannot access it.
In general you shouldnt need to serice anything, just periodic checks which are carried out at MOTs.

• Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)*. Beleive this is checked at MOT
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4** years. All cars recommend AC servicing, realistically everyone does it on an only when needed basis
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years. Guides online and on the service section of the app on how to do this
  • Clean and lubricate brake calliper's every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter. Again something most manufacturers would recommend if you read a manual, but how often do we?
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first. As above
In summary nothing to do really, just replace things as you need to. Some cars only need pads and discs replacing 5 years plus depending on how you utilise the regen braking.

The Apps service history from previous owner goes when you transfer ownership it seems
I am sure Tesla can transfer only car related history to new owners otherwise how would you even check whether the car had a replacement battery or any hpi sort of enquiries equivalent to ICE cars? There are easy software solutions to condense service history as a pdf format etc., and transfer to new owner at the point of transfer of ownership. Not sure why Tesla isn’t doing it?

Reactions: as400
My understanding is Tesla treats service history as personal info tied to the owner, I couldn't access it when I bought mine second hand. The car company said No History and that was the case for all their Teslas.

There's not really anything that needs servicing on a Tesla, that's a mind change if you're used to annual services.
You can also get a local garage you trust to perform mechanical work on the car.
For me it avoids a longer trip to Tesla, their eye watering labour charge, and I have one person I talk to the whole time explaining the process.
If parts are needed you can order them directly from Tesla.

OK great stuff from Tesla, have the car booked in for a service to get the steering wheel replaced as this one has some what feels like bubbles at 3 o'clock where the leather seems to have worked loose from the wheel, better get that replaced while still in warranty! Also the "charge port latch not engaged" message when charging at home with Granny will have an "O ring" replaced. Then while its in for that (all free of charge) they will check and clean the brake calipers, check the brake fluid and replace any filters. At least this gives me peace of mind.

It would fail the MOT if the braking performance wasn’t in tolerance levels. So if the fluid was bad, it could have an impact
Fluid going bad means it will have moisture it in which can start to corrode the brake lines and cause fade under heavy prolonged braking - MOT won't pick this up at early stages.

Just because a vehicle passes an MOT it doesn't mean there isn't a problem.