TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dented side camera chrome cover

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by DarrinV, Jun 2, 2018.

1. DarrinV

DarrinV Member

Walking by my wife's Model S in the garage today, and noticed some damage that appeared to have happened recently. It looks like someone used the side camera chrome cover as a door stop for their car. I hope it left a larger dent in their door. I'm going to check with our service center about cost to replace the chrome trim, but was curious if anyone else has had the trim replaced. Is the camera + chrome trim a complete assembly, or is it possible to replace just the chrome?

Attached Files:

2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I am sure you can replaced it.

3. Shateam

Shateam Member

Even if it was damaged, no point replacing the camera. It's not like it will ever be enabled.;)

• Funny x 2
  4. DarrinV

DarrinV Member

Chatted with the Service Center in Bellevue. The camera and chrome trim is all one piece, so no replacing just the dented chrome. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised that the cost wasn't too bad. ~$160 installed. Hopefully the replacement unit remains dent free.