Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver, CO Service Center - Road trip heroes!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm preparing to write a glowing review of the Denver Service Center in my road trip blog but thought I'd share the experience with you folks first :)

Background: We just wrapped up a 23-day road trip from Minneapolis to the west coast covering almost 7000 miles. We blogged our trip daily with exception of the final few days (I'm working to catch us up) due to poor WiFi connectivity along the way.

teslaroadtrip

Hooray!!! Day 19 was a day full of hiking at Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park near Moab, UT. After a long, hot day we grabbed dinner in town at The Spoke, across the street from the Supercharger at the Best Western. We needed quick charge before continuing Day 20 to Denver, Day 21 to Rapid City, and Day 22 home. Returning to the car after dinner we were welcomed by a "Car Needs Service, Unable to Drive" error message. After a few attempts to remedy the situation myself I was forced to call Tesla Roadside for assistance.

Roadside assistance would need to tow our car to Salt Lake City (200 miles) to the nearest service center for repair. We did not have the flexibility to redirect our road trip and needed to continue on our journey to get us back to work on time. Tesla rented us a car from Enterprice (the only agency in Moab) but they did not have a vehicle available until 4pm the following day. We were able to reschedule our bookings for the remaining three days of our trip and push them out one day to accommodate the delay in receiving a rental.

The next morning we discover that Tesla Roadside had chosen to have our car towed to the Denver Service Center instead of Salt Lake City in an attempt to get the car out in front of our journey with hopes that it could be fixed by the time we got there and needed to move on.

The Denver Service Center received our vehicle but had to have a technician stay until well past business hours into the middle of the night to diagnose, repair, and test our vehicle. We received a prompt call the following morning to inform us that our Model S was repaired and ready to continue her journey home to Minneapolis.

I can't believe for one moment that any other auto manufacturer would have stepped to the plate and provided the level of service we received on our trip from Tesla. Thank you so much to Tesla and specifically to the Roadside Assistance team and the Denver Service Center.