TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Denver to Maroon Bells?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Barry, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Barry

Barry Active Member

Looking at a trip late Spring or early Summer (when Independence Pass is open). Any one do this trip?

Thoughts on 70 to Glenwood SC vs Silverthorne and over Independence Pass?

2. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

I've done it a few times. I have a 70D, and left with a full charge. Got a good charge up in Silverthrone, then drove over Independence Pass into Aspen and Maroon Bells. You can make it all the way to Glenwood Springs before you need another charge.

3. Barry

Barry Active Member

Thanks for the reply.

So you came home via Glenwood Springs? Did you destination charge in the Aspen area at all?

4. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

I did charge in Aspen as I was there for a few days. I charged in the Aspen city garage. I did then go home via Glenwood springs and got a supercharge there.

5. verdee

verdee Member

Going there, over independence pass, I’ve charged in silverthorne. Coming home, I’ve made it over independence through Buena Vista and back to denver via conifer on a single charge