Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deposit on Demo Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - I put a deposit down on a Demo Model S considered new with about $1000 miles on it. The Model S is white exterior/black interior with 19 silver Slipstream wheels (never heard of those before). It also comes with FSD, which I can remove. The price was $74,760, so it is like getting FSD for free. Seems like a great deal so jumped on it this morning.

If anyone has heard of the Slipstream wheels are they like the Tempest? Is it worth keeping the FSD or removing it to save another $7k. I will have to pick up by the end of the month, so I get free Supercharging too, which means I would have to fly to the Tesla store and drive it back, as delivery to Ohio would not be fast enough.

I usually always lease, but contemplating buying this, as Model S lease deals are not that great. But, at least with a lease I know I only have it for 3 years and have the option to buy or get a newer one.

Anyhow appreciate advice on the above. I always drive BMW 5 Series and was going to order a new one, until I saw what seems like a good deal.

Thanks!

19" Silver Slipstream wheels have been around for a few years. They were replaced earlier this year by the 19” Tempest as the standard wheel.

I'm not sure what kind of lease "deal" they've offered on this demo but one advantage with leasing is that it protects you against any significant unexpected value drop which I think can be particularly relevant in the faster changing/volatile EV market. Just look at how much retail prices have dropped on the MS over the years.

As far as FSD goes, you're likely going to get mixed opinions. If you are unsure, I'd say don't get it now as you can always add it later (for a higher price) if you decide you want it.

$67,760 (without FSD) seems like quite a deal. Is this an LR or LR+?

19" Silver Slipstream wheels have been around for a few years. They were replaced earlier this year by the 19” Tempest as the standard wheel.

I'm not sure what kind of lease "deal" they've offered on this demo but one advantage with leasing is that it protects you against any significant unexpected value drop which I think can be particularly relevant in the faster changing/volatile EV market. Just look at how much retail prices have dropped on the MS over the years.

As far as FSD goes, you're likely going to get mixed opinions. If you are unsure, I'd say don't get it now as you can always add it later (for a higher price) if you decide you want it.

If leasing, I certainly would NOT buy FSD. FSD owner here. Basic AP is 90% of what you'd probably use and works well for highway use.

It is a LR+. Options below. It sounds like if I can deliver by end of month, then will get free Supercharging. I thought it was quite a deal, as have been looking for a while and surprised when I saw it. Grabbed it quickly.. LOL. Will the Slipstream wheels perform similar to the Tempest wheels? True - maybe I will just lease, like I always do. There is no lease deals, just the standard Tesla leases, which are not very good compared to my BMW.

Every $1000 less of MSRP, should be about 15 dollars less on a lease - right? So, $7000 off, if I take away FSD, should be about $75 dollars a month savings or that is what it would cost to keep FSD.
  • Model S Long Range Plus
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19’’ Silver Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

Tempest wheels are crap. They’re hideous (IMO) and really ugly 1980’s looking bmw wheels under plastic hub caps.

the slipstreams at least are real wheels. I’m attaching the difference in look(keep in mind yours would be silver and the ones Tesla offers now are dark grey) . AFAIK there isn’t any mileage difference between the two wheels.

Attachments

• 4CB54F49-F08F-4FE0-A6ED-81B04BA69FC4.jpeg
    4CB54F49-F08F-4FE0-A6ED-81B04BA69FC4.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 65
If leasing, I certainly would NOT buy FSD. FSD owner here. Basic AP is 90% of what you'd probably use and works well for highway use.
If leasing, I certainly wouldn't suggest buying FSD later. However, if included up front and rolled into the lease, it would only add around $100/month on a three year lease. Whether or not it's worth it is still going to be debatable.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Every $1000 less of MSRP, should be about 15 dollars less on a lease - right? So, $7000 off, if I take away FSD, should be about $75 dollars a month savings or that is what it would cost to keep FSD.
I think it would be a bit more than that but will depend on lease terms e.g., annual miles allowed. The more allotted miles, the higher the payment would be.

If leasing, I certainly wouldn't suggest buying FSD later. However, if included up front and rolled into the lease, it would only add around $100/month on a three year lease. Whether or not it's worth it is still going to be debatable.

Yes - I think I will lease. I thought I would like AutoPilot as I do mostly freeway driving. But, I also live in the Cleveland area, so not sure how often AutoPilot would function, since from Oct to end of April, weather is shaky....