Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Depreciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SR+ was £ 37k inc grant before the price increase so £41k before the grant.

As a cash buyer you also are effectively saving the cost of financing say around 5% a year which lease companies would be factoring into their prices.

Right, sorry my head still calculates my trade in which puts it below 35.

I got a 2% loan on 36k, which works out to about 2k interest over 5 years. So not quite, but about 2k better off than hire purchase from the Tesla site.

Reactions: Rooster6655
You can see why some people call Musk a 'Con man'. The Model 3 was suppose to be the 'affordable' EV, and allow more owners to enjoy the Tesla brand.

Based on that spec a P Model 3 is coming in at £61k, even a half decent spec LR AWD is nearly £50k.

In effect lots of people waited years and yeads for no reason, as they could have got into a Model S for similar price back in 2015/16!!

The best way to avoid depreciation is a used Model S, at £30k ish its an absolute bargain compared to a new 3.

19609835669_1e469a4178_z_d.jpg

2015 Model S 70 £47k
-No Autopilot 2
-AP 1 not included in price add £4k
-220 real miles
-No Dual motor
-No FSD potential
So your looking at £51k with AP1 minimum

vs
Model 3 SR+
£37k OTR
-AP2
-220 real miles
-FSD potential

I will agree however there are some good deals on a used Model S from Tesla for around £40k but in a few years it will be similar for the Model 3

Haha don't make me laugh, half of what Musk says is a con.

The fact a Model 3 costs nearly as much as a Model S is a perfect example. I wonder why Tesla stopped offering the 'cheaper' Model S, could it to create the illusion that the Model 3 is actually good value, when the reality is far from that!

"cheaper" model S actually don't compare favorably to the Model 3 P. It's just bigger.

So don't quite get what you are talking about. Model 3 is clearly better value in almost every way.

You are also comparing prices from when the £ was a lot stronger.

Reactions: Rooster6655
So don't quite get what you are talking about. Model 3 is clearly better value in almost every way.

Yeaph getting people to be happy with paying £40k+ for a 'cheaper' EV, sums up why Musk is so good at what he does.

Musk is as good as a PR man as the best BMW/Audi could ever wish for. Its not a bad thing for Tesla, as getting people to spend ££££ is the ultimate aim, but equally you have to admit the Musk is full of BS as the rest of the automotive companies.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yev000
I'm not sure that used Tesla cars in the UK seem to be as sought after as some people are suggesting.

I was tracking prices of used Model S cars on the Tesla UK website a few weeks ago and couldn't believe that the prices were being discounted on a daily basis, some cars were being reduced by £100 a day (2015 Model S 85 with 56k was reduced down to £32,900), and some were going down by £500 a day.

There was a 2017 Model S P100D with Ludicrous (26k miles) that was reduced by £2,400 over the course of a week and was showing as £63,900 for a car that someone bought for around £120k just two years ago.

Its hard work tracking prices on the Tesla website, I tend to use tesla-info

This one is not a P100D but a P90D with a few more miles, there was a lower mileage one whch has sold, but you can see the prices fall daily and the upwards tick was when the other car sold

Tesla Info: 2016 MS P90D in UK listed at £52390