TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Depreciation

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by pdk42, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Yev000

Yev000 Member

Right, sorry my head still calculates my trade in which puts it below 35.

I got a 2% loan on 36k, which works out to about 2k interest over 5 years. So not quite, but about 2k better off than hire purchase from the Tesla site.

• Like x 1
  2. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

2015 Model S 70 £47k
    -No Autopilot 2
    -AP 1 not included in price add £4k
    -220 real miles
    -No Dual motor
    -No FSD potential
    So your looking at £51k with AP1 minimum

vs
    Model 3 SR+
    £37k OTR
    -AP2
    -220 real miles
    -FSD potential

I will agree however there are some good deals on a used Model S from Tesla for around £40k but in a few years it will be similar for the Model 3

3. Yev000

Yev000 Member

"cheaper" model S actually don't compare favorably to the Model 3 P. It's just bigger.

So don't quite get what you are talking about. Model 3 is clearly better value in almost every way.

You are also comparing prices from when the £ was a lot stronger.

• Like x 1
  4. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Yes it was around 1.5-1.6 during 2014-15

5. gangzoom

gangzoom Member

Yeaph getting people to be happy with paying £40k+ for a 'cheaper' EV, sums up why Musk is so good at what he does.

Musk is as good as a PR man as the best BMW/Audi could ever wish for. Its not a bad thing for Tesla, as getting people to spend ££££ is the ultimate aim, but equally you have to admit the Musk is full of BS as the rest of the automotive companies.

• Disagree x 1
  6. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Its hard work tracking prices on the Tesla website, I tend to use tesla-info

This one is not a P100D but a P90D with a few more miles, there was a lower mileage one whch has sold, but you can see the prices fall daily and the upwards tick was when the other car sold

Tesla Info: 2016 MS P90D in UK listed at £52390

7. pdk42

pdk42 Member

Where did you get £36k at 2% from? Would be interested to know since I'm moving to the view that I'll just finance it on a straight loan.

• Like x 1
  8. Yev000

Yev000 Member

Barclays using a mortgage....

2.04% fixed for 5 years

I actually only have 34,261 left on it since Barclays was a few months faster than Tesla.