Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

destination charging and battery loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all,
Just got back from my first long distance trip with my 2013 model S 85. Went from Chesapeake Va to Naples via Kissimmee and The villages. No problems with finding Superchargers or Destination Chargers except for the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Naples. When I got to the hotel and asked where the destination chargers were the person did not know. When she called the manager she said that the chargers were broke and maintenance had to come and fix them in the morning. When I checked in the AM, the manager said they were shut off to prevent unauthorized use. I asked if I could use them to recharge and was told the maintenance man was not there and he could not turn them on. When I looked for the chargers, I found them hidden by a semi. If using this charger, please call ahead, but I fear it is of no value to do so if the maintenance man is not on the property. What a bummer, had to go to Naples Supercharger for charging about 10 miles away and sit for another 40 minutes while car charged.

Secondly, How do you know when your battery is bad. I went from charging from 98% 240 miles to 99% 224 miles on the way back. Got back home and charged 70% 150 mi instead of my 184 miles prior to my trip. I think this is a very bad sign for my battery. Hope I am wrong. Almost did not have enough charge for a buffer on the way back. Had 24 miles left on car at the supercharger after going 152 actual miles. Do I need a new battery soon?

Thanks all, a very pleasant 2000 miles with the Tesla.