Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailers in Philly/suburb area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if there have been previous threads on this subject - I couldn't get a lot of info from searching.
We picked up our S85 last Thursday (and loving it!!!!) and are considered putting some money into protecting the paint. Still figuring out the details, but I wanted to get some recommendations of detailers in the Philadelphia area that owners have used and have been happy with. What did you choose to get and would you mind sharing how much you paid for -
1. Xpel partial - hood, fenders, bumper & mirrors
2. Xpel full
3. Opticoat Pro - full car
4. Window tinting - 3M crystalline?

Thanks!

Not in your area, but it might help you some. The options you listed are definitely all great, it's just a matter of how much you want to put into it. My experience has been that Tesla has softer paint that can scratch and swirl easier than most. A full Xpel will protect the best, but some don't like how it can have a tendency to take away from depth and shine in the paint since it's a plastic film - albeit the best film out there. Opticoat protects excellent as it's almost another layer of really hard clear coat (although no protection from rock chips like the Xpel would).

My preference and what I usually recommend to customers (of any new car) is a partial Xpel, followed by opticoat (any place should properly prep the paint first before either of those). Sorry I can't help more with specific shops or local prices. Hopefully someone close to you will chime in on that.

Hi coolgrngrl -
I have had great experiences with Oakes Detail in West Chester, PA. They use CQuartz Finest, which is very similar to Opticoat Pro. People seem to have opinions over which is better, but I think the CQuartz is just as good of a product. I haven't taken my Tesla to Oakes yet, but they did a full paint correction and detail on my '09 535xi and it came out like new. They are real perfectionists and I know they will take good care of you.

Good luck!