Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DI_a019? Unable to drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled my Tesla model 3 LR in the garage after running a few errands and noticed it alerted me saying Pull over immediately unable to drive with error code DI_a019. I looked everywhere and could not find that error code. I took it back out and everything seemed fine. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Similar experience. Parked car and got the error on the screen (actually only heard it, as I was looking out) while exiting from the car. Only found exact error message in the notification log but was able to see through the window it was the same all red notification like the one when the rear drive unit needed replacement. Was able to drive it home just fine, no additional errors. Created service request (soonest appointment available is 15 days out). Wonder what did they tell you was the issue?

Scheduled appointment and they chatted yesterday and did remote diagnostics. Just asked if car drives OK and pushed the same software update I was already on. The issue happened with the car on the previous version but they did not answer if the new version contains a fix for this issue or they just installed to have some activity and close the case.

Pulled my Tesla model 3 LR in the garage after running a few errands and noticed it alerted me saying Pull over immediately unable to drive with error code DI_a019. I looked everywhere and could not find that error code. I took it back out and everything seemed fine. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
I am curious to hear if you had to take it in for service or if anything else happen?...

The exact same situation just happened to me on my Model Y... Pulled into the garage and that same code and message flashed on the screen as I was exiting the car and it immediately went away... The car seems to drive fine and I don't see anything other issue.

Same thing just happened to me. I heard a beep as I shut the door then two more beeps with the door closed. I got back in and found this error is the log. I entered a ticket and they called me within an hour. Said it has something to do with the main battery disconnecting from the drive motor. Possible firmware problem, doesn't know when it will be fixed. Likely won't happen again. I'm fine with that.

Same thing just happened to me. I heard a beep as I shut the door then two more beeps with the door closed. I got back in and found this error is the log. I entered a ticket and they called me within an hour. Said it has something to do with the main battery disconnecting from the drive motor. Possible firmware problem, doesn't know when it will be fixed. Likely won't happen again. I'm fine with that.
I got the same error code after putting my car into park, it quickly went away, after I got back in was able to drive around the block no problem.. Just put a service ticket in hopefully its just a random error code and the car is fine.

I got the error in June/2022. It immediately went away and I have not seen it ever since. No other issues, errors or anything else. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Thanks for the reply. I got this error just as I reversed into the garage and was exiting the vehicle. The red flashing alarm scared the sh*t out of me! I did put the vehicle back on D to see if it would respond, and it did. Then put it back on R to get back into the garage, and the vehicle responded as normal. No further alarms. I need to do school drops offs tomorrow morning and am nervous for that drive. Have reached out to Tesla but no word as yet. Hoping it is just a false positive error notification.

Thanks for the reply. I got this error just as I reversed into the garage and was exiting the vehicle. The red flashing alarm scared the sh*t out of me! I did put the vehicle back on D to see if it would respond, and it did. Then put it back on R to get back into the garage, and the vehicle responded as normal. No further alarms. I need to do school drops offs tomorrow morning and am nervous for that drive. Have reached out to Tesla but no word as yet. Hoping it is just a false positive error notification.
Ok just heard from Tesla. In my case, it was a firmware issue. It only occurs when the “drive rail gets turned off” and the system clears the error after about 2 seconds. The issue will be addressed in future firmware update.