Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error cp_a103, cp_a100, dir_a018, di_a019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
My car is model 3LR 2021, i have 86000 km (just out of warranty).
Yesterday, i first received an error cp_a103 and cp_a100 - unable to fast dc charge, ok to AC charge. Tesla service scheduled and cable harness is planned to be replaced.
I have received an update today, the error dissapared. I tested dc charge and it was able to charge. After completion, the error came up again. After car was sleeping for 2 hours, the error dissapeared again. Then i went for a short ride 20km, after i parked i got the error di_a019 - unable to drive, pull out safely. Then it dissapeard after i went for another drive. Bottom line - now i have no open issues / warnings.
What is going on?

Hello,
My car is model 3LR 2021, i have 86000 km (just out of warranty).
Yesterday, i first received an error cp_a103 and cp_a100 - unable to fast dc charge, ok to AC charge. Tesla service scheduled and cable harness is planned to be replaced.
I have received an update today, the error dissapared. I tested dc charge and it was able to charge. After completion, the error came up again. After car was sleeping for 2 hours, the error dissapeared again. Then i went for a short ride 20km, after i parked i got the error di_a019 - unable to drive, pull out safely. Then it dissapeard after i went for another drive. Bottom line - now i have no open issues / warnings.
What is going on?

Even beginning to think that an error message that says "unable to drive" or "unable to charge" is now somehow "ok" because it goes away is somewhat like when people would put tape or a sticker over a check engine light in an ICE car so they didnt have to see it.

I get "out of warranty" etc, but unless you are going to be OK with the car leaving you stranded somewhere, you need to figure out what is going on, and just because "the error is gone now", that doesnt mean everything is now fine.

Everything is not fine and will not let this go by unchecked/without repair. Beside the Tesla service ticket i am also looking for answers on this forum.
Service is scheduled for cp errors. Possible defects for dir/di erorrs that i found searching online are:
- one time glitch
- motor failure
If anyone had similar issues, i would appreciate the info on what the issue was, and if those two errors in two consective days are somehow connected.

Just got back from a Tesla service.
Regading the cp error: The service replaced cable harness for the charging port. Material id: CP CABLE KIT, AC 3 PHASE,IEC (1509395-10-C). Total of 70 eur cost (cable 25 eur, labour 35 eur).
Regarding the di/dir error the service said it was one-off glitch, propably due to replaced cable overvoltage.

Everything ok now, hope it lasts.