Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diarmuid Is done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no basis at all to predict that he will either:

A. Reappear after some time off at one of TSLA's many competitors who are desperate to make their enormously expensive transitions from ICE to EV asap so as to avoid being run over by an autonomous army of Model 3's and derivatives. (In one possible scenario, whenever Elon needs a new GigaCarFactory, he'll just buy one of the idled ICE ones and retrofit the insides like Nummi.)

B. Reappear at TSLA in a similar position like CFO Deepak Ahura did after some well-deserved R&R. Innovating in "Tesla Time" does burn many people out, after all. Who can keep Elon's crazy hours with their brain still functioning optimally?

I don't personally know any of these people, but one of my best friends who is a CEO does. He brought one of the India state governors to visit SpaceX earlier this year. I have a funny photo of Elon looking tired, overworked and dazed, e.g., "Who is this tall, handsome guy with the big smile on his face I'm standing next to for this photo op? I need to get back to work!" :confused: That was my friend, who I convinced to lease an early production P90D along with me during Q1 2016.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger