Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did any new MR M3 owners get the free 6 months supercharging after using a referal code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I took delivery of my MR Model 3 last Monday and my Tesla account still says pay per use supercharging even though I had emailed Tesla prior to my delivery with a referral code and they added it to my account and they confirmed I had it. I haven't had a chance to actually stop at one of the few superchargers in CT where live but I wanted to check with this group before I get a small surprise when i plug in to charge and have to pay. I wanted to see if the Tesla's portal is mostly incorrect for most of us with the free six months of supercharging.

Thanks. Doug

Does Europe have a lot of Tesla Superchargers ?

Yes :) A lot! I live in Norway and we have 30k Tesla registered with a population of only 5 million and a lot of superchargers ;)

20170808_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Jivas
Wow - totally cool !!! It is a dream of mine to visit Norway and Scandinavia. Your country is so beautiful and picturesque !!!

Are the Superchargers pretty spread out over the country or are most of them concentrated in one spot ?

Thank you :) They are spred out, so we can drive from south to north and east to west ;)

And last year I drove from Oslo (Norway) to Switzerland. Through Sweden, Denmark and Germany :)

I send in a referal code after placing the order. My friend says he sees a notice of it in his account.
I do not see free supercharging in my account, it says pay-per-use.
I have used SCs maybe 5 times so far and never been charged. I have the Model 3 less than a month, so when a bill comes I'll inquire.

• Informative
Reactions: nasatech
Hey all, I took delivery of my MR Model 3 last Monday and my Tesla account still says pay per use supercharging even though I had emailed Tesla prior to my delivery with a referral code and they added it to my account and they confirmed I had it. I haven't had a chance to actually stop at one of the few superchargers in CT where live but I wanted to check with this group before I get a small surprise when i plug in to charge and have to pay. I wanted to see if the Tesla's portal is mostly incorrect for most of us with the free six months of supercharging.

Thanks. Doug

I added my referral the same way as you. When I picked-up the vehicle I asked about the free supercharging and my DA said I wasn't eligible and that it was only the performance models. I told him that's not what was out there on the referral information.

Anyway, my account says "Pay Per Use" same as yours. I took it once so far to a local supercharger just to check it out and I did not get charged. There is no indication of having supercharged at all ... but it did charge up.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm not in a situation to use supercharges much and will be doing most charging at home. It's a nice to have for 6 months, but if I end up having to pay, oh well.

I DO have a performance model, and self referred myself as I have solar. My account still says "pay per use" supercharging but I got the car sooner than I expected and did not have charging in my garage so I went to my local supercharger 3 separate times.

No charges on it so far.

I suspect that tesla must have some sort of back end code for the "supercharger for 6 months" thing. I am not going to worry about it unless I use a super charger in the next 6 months and get charged.