Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla change extended warranty- no charge for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Tesla change their extended warranty plans? I used it for the first time last week after getting water in the tail lights, I was expecting to pay $200 deductible however when I got service invoice it said no charge and didn't ask for it when I picked the car up.

I also had a bad tpms sensor so they upgraded my gen1 system with the newer sensor system as well for no charge. After some bad previous service visits in San Diego them seem to have really stepped up their game, wait time and communication was great.

• Informative
Reactions: Michelx
I also had a bad tpms sensor so they upgraded my gen1 system with the newer sensor system as well for no charge. After some bad previous service visits in San Diego them seem to have really stepped up their game, wait time and communication was great.

Shhhhhh.....don't tell everyone - then Tesla will experience another growth spurt and the service centers will be over-loaded again!;)

Car is out of normal warranty- miles don't matter, it is a 2013 and have had for 6 years.

Yes I am happy that sensors did get updated, I was pretty surprised when I dropped it off and they stated they would upgrade for no charge under warranty. Just went over both invoices one before service and one after, I just didn't want to get billed later. Makes spending the $4k almost worth it since this is the first visit since buying the extended warranty.