TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Did the font suddenly get smaller?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SeminoleFSU, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Or did a setting change on my computer, browser, or in the TMC profile?
  2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nov 10, 2011
    Hasn't changed on my (3) machines running various flavors of Windows with various flavors of IE.
  3. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

Jul 29, 2013
    #3 Auzie, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Font change can happen with a mouse wheel scroll. That seems to be the function of the wheel scroll in Windows.

One more link on annoying accidental scroll causing unwanted zoom in/out

The clue is if other websites got different font or TMC only. If it is TMC only, then it could be the above.

There is a small magnifying glass in Chrome, snip below, not sure of its name.
    That app in the browser, next to yellow bookmark star, acts like zoom or resolution modifier.

Font size can be reset to default by clicking said magnifying glass and clicking reset to default.

That is what happens on my laptop running on Windows 10, but that was happening on W8 as well. It happens on Chrome, not sure of other browsers, but I have not observed it on other browsers. Not sure if that fits with what happens with your font size change.
  4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Apr 3, 2009
    Yes, scrolling the mouse wheel while holding control can do this. In most browsers, a quick reset to default can be done if you hold Control and press Zero [0] up top.