Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you key come with a band around it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't get one with the car, but I asked when they started making them and tey gave me a couple. I like them but after a while they get looser or something and I had a fob fall out so I stopped using it.

Oh I thought the S would come with the same key rings you get with the X except replacing the X logo with the a S logo. I guess they don't make them for the S.

Model_X_Keyring.JPG

Last edited:
Pulled it out of my pocket to check, came out like this (as an example of the looseness I’m describing).

View attachment 375167
Interesting how you and others have loose thongs. We have 6 fobs with thongs and all of them are like new after 1+ to 2+ years of use. Of those 6 fobs, I guess only 3 of them are used on a daily basis but they all nice and tight. I wonder what's different.

Since these came with the car and aren't holding up, I wonder if they would replace them at the Service Center if you asked?

Reactions: jlv1
Pulled it out of my pocket to check, came out like this (as an example of the looseness I’m describing).

View attachment 375167

Interesting how you and others have loose thongs. We have 6 fobs with thongs and all of them are like new after 1+ to 2+ years of use. Of those 6 fobs, I guess only 3 of them are used on a daily basis but they all nice and tight. I wonder what's different.

Since these came with the car and aren't holding up, I wonder if they would replace them at the Service Center if you asked?

I read in the Tesla.com forum that if you clean the fob itself with glass cleaner (I used a premoistened lens wipe) and you clean the rubber part with dish soap and dry thoroughly, it makes it stick like new. It worked great for my loose fob thong. The suspicion is that dust makes it slippery. Give it a try!

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd