Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference in MS 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shopping for a used Tesla MS and narrowed it down to either 2015 85D or 2016 75D as I prefer the facelift for its looks. On Tesla's used inventory I see some 75D's having a 0-60 time of 5.2 secs with 259 mile range and other 75D's with 0-60 time of 5.5 secs and 234 mile range. I'm curious what the difference is between the two and how come the ones that are quicker also provide a longer range. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm shopping for a used Tesla MS and narrowed it down to either 2015 85D or 2016 75D as I prefer the facelift for its looks. On Tesla's used inventory I see some 75D's having a 0-60 time of 5.2 secs with 259 mile range and other 75D's with 0-60 time of 5.5 secs and 234 mile range. I'm curious what the difference is between the two and how come the ones that are quicker also provide a longer range. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I'm not clear on what you are asking. You prefer the refresh, so get that. The 85D is not a refresh unless someone doctored the front.

If you are asking for differences in features, look at Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki for a complete story.

Reactions: RScottyL
I'm not clear on what you are asking. You prefer the refresh, so get that. The 85D is not a refresh unless someone doctored the front.

If you are asking for differences in features, look at Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki for a complete story.

What I meant is I was looking at both but was leaning towards the 85 as the range and 0-60 were more appealing but would prefer the facelift for aesthetic reasons. Now that I learned that all 75D's do 0-60 in 4.2 and 259 range i've decided on a 75D.

What I meant is I was looking at both but was leaning towards the 85 as the range and 0-60 were more appealing but would prefer the facelift for aesthetic reasons. Now that I learned that all 75D's do 0-60 in 4.2 and 259 range i've decided on a 75D.
Batteries degrade and range will be lower than the new Rated Range. My 2016 MS75D with 57K miles has a rated range of 240-243.

What is your budget for a new car? You might be able to afford a 2016 90D. :cool:

Honestly I think i'm being unrealistic as i'm hoping to find one in the low 50's maybe even high 40's so I doubt a 16 90D is possible. Only been looking for a few days but only ones in my price range were stripped down models or non D cars. Luckily for me i'm not in a rush so i'm sure i'll find one to my liking soon enough. I'm hoping to find one with 40ish thousand miles and that should be in my price range.