Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"DIR_a062" error - power reduced mode - what is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a google and forum search, and found zero results for this "DIR_a062" error. Perhaps new error logging display? I'm on 40.50.7 and car is HW3.

Saw this after I got into parked car. I immediately got out of the car, closed the door, opened the door, got back in car, and error had disappeared and car drove fine.

Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_6135.jpg
    IMG_6135.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: kbecks13 and mrau
I did a google and forum search, and found zero results for this "DIR_a062" error. Perhaps new error logging display? I'm on 40.50.7 and car is HW3.

Saw this after I got into parked car. I immediately got out of the car, closed the door, opened the door, got back in car, and error had disappeared and car drove fine.

Has anyone seen this before?
Hello yes to/day at 16h31 with DI_a063 and 5 more errors!!
Stop the car on emergency motorway lane. Go outside and back inside = Start again as usual ?!!

ok.. this has happened 2 times in last 7 days. My car (2019 Model 3 dual motor) is out of warranty. 52k miles.

warning: yellow turtle: DIR_a062 and DIF_a062,
"Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering vehicle may restore operation"

Leaving the car and let it self-lock.. then coming right back .. and the car works fine.

I am guessing I need to replace the 12V battery. It looks simple, I can do it myself.
How do I order a 12V battery from Tesla? what is the price?
Can I buy a battery from other place? like Amazon? what do you guys recommend?

Need to do this ASAP.

thanks.

Attachments

• 20230711_171716.jpg
    20230711_171716.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
out of warranty.. 52,000 miles.

I requested a battery replacement via app.
they quoted $117 to replace at my home. I hope that covers; parts and labor.
this will happen tomorrow morning.

PS.. my screen has been auto rebooting by itself a lot lately.. about 2 to 3 times a week... and
and a lot of battery drain while parked. 9-14 miles lost during a 4-6 hours parked...
for past 3 weeks.
maybe a new 12V .. might fix these issue.