Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Tesla finance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
We test drove and made the $2500 deposit on the 15th of Sept. Loan for model S 100d inventory car was approved on 16th.

The numbers given were approx as trade-in value wasn't included at that time .

Since that day I've been trying to get the actual numbers, get email of financial person involved but have had no luck. Tesla consultant who's taking care of us keep making excuses and keeps apologizing.

Tomorrow on Friday is our delivery and I still haven't seen the contract yet. The initial numbers they told me had discrepancy.

Just because I am buying a 100k car doesn't mean I'll sign whatever they send me on delivery day. And I am guessing if numbers are bloated or not accurate they won't have time to fix them.

I feel like I am the one chasing them instead of them being on top of things.
I know it's end of quarter and they are scrambling to get cars delivered but this is poor management.

Has anyone gone thought same experience?

Let me know.

Thanks

Dont sign till its right ...

I recall that there were minor differences when I did my financing ... mostly due to tag/title fees.

It was straight forward when it came down to it.... even though the process took 2+ weeks.

Did your delivery get delayed because of this matter. I am calling their delivery dept to see what they say. They is no way they will be able to fix the numbers at delivery center and I sure won't sign until I am happy with everything.

It's a hassle making schedule, getting a baby sitter and drive 25 min to realize they need to fix the numbers.

From my experience. Similar to yours, they can adjust the numbers during the purchase and even a week afterwards. Don’t stress as I did too! Go there ready to adjust the numbers if necessary and all will work out

So did they give u the car without signing and adjusted price a week after?
Yes it's been stressful as I have been trying to get the right numbers and they keep putting me off.

Thanks

So did they give u the car without signing and adjusted price a week after?
Yes it's been stressful as I have been trying to get the right numbers and they keep putting me off.

Thanks

Not quite, we adjusted the numbers there but they were still off. We agreed to sign everything to take possession of the car but would adjust the numbers in the next coming days. It turned out they didn’t let us know all the options we had (found out by dealing with another finance contact at tesla). So we had them redraft a whole new loan and they did.
Hope all his helps.

We agreed to sign everything to take possession of the car but would adjust the numbers in the next coming days. .

So were u able to drive off with the car without signing that day Or u waited till they made the new contract and u signed?
This is soooo stressful I already have baby sitter scheduled, It takes away form the excitement of getting a Tesla :(

BTW is that u doing the deadlift? Hope ur doing fine. That is crazy amount of weight....lol

Reactions: UkrHog
I had a similar problem. Didn’t see contract until day of. Make sure you get an early morning appointment so US bank or whoever is financing has business hours. They can fix it while you’re there. Worst case is you’re delayed 24 hours. Don’t sweat it - more important things in life. You’ll get your car :)

After reading over 100s of post. There is no way in hell i would buy a CPO. OR, FINANCE thru them.
I hasseled with the Rep in Miami for months, he wouldn't let me see cars. etc. Only after paying and transfer could i touch car.
I bought from Benz dealer in Atlanta. Got got great deal cause i paid him cash. He picked me up at airport.
Sorry Tesla, but there are too many bad post.
Just like shipping repair parts to body shops. Good luck if you wreak it. In local area there are cars waiting for over 6 months for parts.
And the wrong parts arrive.

@Gero3, This is for an inventory car, so a new purchase. Tesla should have all the numbers ready before you go pick up. I went through this 4 times, and each time did all the paperwork, including transferring money the night before. Ran into numbers being wrong before (I think every single time, because they usually start with some estimates from pre-purchase paperwork which doesn't let you adjust much), simply emailed DS that I cannot complete the online paperwork until the numbers are correct. Usually they adjusted it fairly quickly after a couple email exchanges. If numbers are not correct, I would not have done it prior to delivery so they'd need the finance guy at delivery to do it for me, or no car.

PS> In this case you have some additional leverage since Tesla wants as many Q3 deliveries as possible, so they should be motivated to complete the delivery before Monday.

So were u able to drive off with the car without signing that day Or u waited till they made the new contract and u signed?
This is soooo stressful I already have baby sitter scheduled, It takes away form the excitement of getting a Tesla :(

BTW is that u doing the deadlift? Hope ur doing fine. That is crazy amount of weight....lol

We signed the contract that was adjusted there and then and agreed that some things were not exactly how we wanted them. Tesla said things can be adjusted at a later time. We took possession of the car. Over night I triple checked everything and had some questions regarding the final contract. I asked Tesla finance and received answers that we were not expecting. After about a week of back and forth a new contract was drafted. Tesla makes amazing cars, for the most part hires nice people, but is still figuring out how to run the business in a manner that makes it consistently a pleasant experience dealing with them whether in service, finance, delivery or any other situation. It’s the drawback of having an amazing product and not enough experience in this market with way too high of a demand. It will get much better over the next 5-10 years. I hope.

Yes, that was me. I’ve been back to 100% for a while now. Thanks for your concern
655#

Reactions: JayyyDeee
Wow that's the exact opposite experience I had when I financed my Model S though Tesla, Tesla wouldn't even book a delivery date until everything was done. And when I picked up the car the price I paid for the car never changed unlike other dealerships of ICE cars who add all sorts of extra charges to the price of the car the day you pick it up.

• Informative
From what i understand they will not give you a quote until 30 days from your delivery date, because of the constant changes in interest rates.

I had this problem too, where finance got confused on my delivery and gave me a quote 3 months in advance and had to ask the bank to retroactively accept the original API.

Also im sorry you had a horrible time with Tesla Finance.
I on the other hand had fantasic service from Momo @ finance.
They fixed a couple of errors and also managed to get me an awesome rate of 1.9% @ Chase.
Did you talk to the team in San Mateo? which team did you talk to?

I had similar issues when i bought my car. But in my case my delivery expert was too incompetent to bother emailing me back. On the day of I had to wait 3 hours for paper work to be redone because they had the wrong VIN and wrong financing terms. This was extra funny because the delivery expert had asked me if I had a chance to review the paper work and my answer was you never sent them like you said you would/never replied to my email asking for the paper work

• Funny