Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dissapointing Tesla Service Center Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Toyota (or Lexus) had a comparable alternative to the Model 3 Tesla never would have heard of me. Which is disappointing because I really like the fact that my car was built in California. But the service is beyond dreadful so I would have no concerns about going back to a reliable Japanese brand if the option existed. But since the car is totally awesome I’ve just leaned to set my service expectations really low.
There will come a time when what you’re describing will exist...major manufacturers offering excellent, reliable, well-built EV cars with ranges to compete with Tesla. VW is poised to do so. Audi and Porsche as well. Not sure about the Japanese or Korean brands. BMW is dragging it’s feet a little.

When that happens, the pressure will be on Tesla to improve.

I hope Tesla does improve. It feels good to buy an advanced American automobile.

Reactions: C141medic
There will come a time when what you’re describing will exist...major manufacturers offering excellent, reliable, well-built EV cars with ranges to compete with Tesla. VW is poised to do so. Audi and Porsche as well. Not sure about the Japanese or Korean brands. BMW is dragging it’s feet a little.

When that happens, the pressure will be on Tesla to improve.

I hope Tesla does improve. It feels good to buy an advanced American automobile.

Those were my feelings, until I got fed up with the lies and incompetence and bought yet another German car.

“There will come a time ...”

Unfortunately, for Tesla and for all the suckers, myself included, who have paid for their product or invested in them, that time is upon us.

The high-end battle is already lost. Yes, they still sell some S/Xs ... for now. As current owners start looking at Audi, Mercedes and Porsche, there will be pretty much nothing left for Tesla. Their offering is stale, cheap-feeling, expensive to buy and largely unsupported. The crash will be very abrupt, and we have already seen the beginning of it.

At the low end, what good is a Model 3 if it can’t take you to work reliably? The first reasonably-capable competitor will sweep a lot of those owners who have had the pleasure of dealing with the SC. This ongoing garbage is creating long term resentment.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Wheel scrapes are a common issue. Experienced repair guys have this down pat. Repairs are mostly un-noticible. Striving for perfection is a futile struggle.

Let them fix the wheel. Probably a good solution.

Perhaps demanding a new wheel is a waste of resources. Tesla wants to run an efficient operation.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and tvad