Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the service center happily let me switch to a different car without hassle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been in the service center for several weeks. They gave me a loaner Model Y pretty similar to mine. Since I've been toying with the idea of switching to a 3 I was thinking about asking for a 3 as my loaner. Probably got another week left or more before my car is repaired.

Do you think they'd be happy to accommodate that request? Or do I need to negotiate / work with them and somehow persuade them to do it?

Just ask them in the app. I have no experience but I bet they would be accommodating if they have one.
Now whether or not that model 3 is four years old with significant wear and tear is another question.

Just curious — why are you considering replacing your Y with a 3? I’m guessing more people do the opposite. We replaced my wife’s 3 with a Y last year and are very happy with that decision. We especially like the higher seating position

Keep in mind that if you buy a new redesigned 3 you won’t get stalks, unlike a new Y which still has them.