Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Distance detection issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model Y in August
Since day one, I have had this distance-detecting issue; I am wondering if this is an issue with my car and if the warranty will cover it or this is OK
20231023_172040_exported_6.jpg

They all do this. I have some nice video of my wife's model 3 showing a phantom 18 wheeler doing a dance repeatedly slamming into her car while some other vehicles dance around nearby. Every time we pull into our garage with either my 2023 MYP or her 2018 Model 3 we get displays worse than what you are showing in your photo. Ignore it. It is what you get from Tesla Vision. And you get it even with cars with USS like my wife's model 3.

Yeah, we see that nonsense in parking lots all the time with our new Model Y. It shows cars intersecting with ours, cars doing that with doors open, and other stupid stuff. Meanwhile, all cars around us are nicely aligned, as are we. At the moment, Tesla Vision (at least in parking lots) is apparently a pile of warm fudge.

Come to think of it, that's probably why parking assist and "smart" summon had to be turned off with units that only have cameras.

Last edited: