Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY...Big Brake Kit for Under 2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
damn, look like you used regular flare wrench on it. you only had 1 chance.
51ai8+5CcOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

try the enclosed flare wrench.. and add some heat n rust buster on it.

Montreal. Everything was installed and a shop managed to install the flex lines without replacing the hard ones.
I have some doubts on the hats as there is a very small offcenter of the disc in the caliper and I see the caliper flexing a bit during hard braking (when bleeding the brakes). Braking is very good and I am happy there is no more rust on the caliper hat. Now looking to buy some rear rotors to fix it as well.

I do not believe I had any flexing. I bleed the brakes myself also and there wasn't anything noticeable but I never specifically looked to see if there was any flexing. I do remember looking at the centering just through the naked eye and it looked centered.
Did you drill out the knuckle to mount the calipers? or did you use a collar of some sort?
Are you sure you assembly the rotor to hat properly?

my bbk is easy to source. Cheap.. 16-23+ CAMARO SS 1LE FRONT OEM BRAKE ROTORs + CTS-V calipers + 12mm spacers/ longer bolts caliper..
replacement pads are widely avail.
View attachment 922824
I can't believe this post got buried towards the end and nobody paid enough attention. If I understand you correctly this is a even better option, without the trouble to manufacture a head, but directly use everything OE and only with some spacers to force the caliper at the center of the rotor.

If this is correct man isn't it a much more cost effective solution?

Hey @Hotboy408 would you mind to share the exact part #s for the rotor, caliper (obviously been discussed many times already), and the spacer? Is there any other parts I missed? How about the brake lines? Someone mentioned we can't directly use the original one since they won't threaded on.

Many thanks!

I can't believe this post got buried towards the end and nobody paid enough attention. If I understand you correctly this is a even better option, without the trouble to manufacture a head, but directly use everything OE and only with some spacers to force the caliper at the center of the rotor.

If this is correct man isn't it a much more cost effective solution?

Hey @Hotboy408 would you mind to share the exact part #s for the rotor, caliper (obviously been discussed many times already), and the spacer? Is there any other parts I missed? How about the brake lines? Someone mentioned we can't directly use the original one since they won't threaded on.

Many thanks!

16-24 CAMARO SS 1LE FRONT OEM BRAKE ROTOR , (SLIGHT SHAVE FOR CENTER HUB RING)​

• 23142500 (LH)
  • 23189768 (RH)
caliper is off CTS-V GEN 2

SPACERS 10MM + LONGER CALIPER BOLTS

BRAKE LINE IS OFF MODEL 3 - STEEL BRAIDED

Reactions: Nintendo80