Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completed mine this weekend, I had plenty of trouble but it it looks alright.

The heat gun quit working 1/2 way through the install.

The piece that goes on the top of the mirrors is real tricky. I think there's some chrome visible in a couple inconspicuous spots still.

I completed mine this weekend, I had plenty of trouble but it it looks alright.

The heat gun quit working 1/2 way through the install.

The piece that goes on the top of the mirrors is real tricky. I think there's some chrome visible in a couple inconspicuous spots still.

Sorry to hear about the heat gun! If you'd like a replacement just send me a PM or email and I'll have a new one mailed out right away.

Finally finished mine

20191126_082359.jpg

20191126_082406.jpg

20191125_200912.jpg

I like it much better than the chrome but you can definitely see the imperfections up close, especially when the light hits it at a certain angle:

20191127_124756.jpg

20191127_124824.jpg

20191127_124923.jpg

20191127_124937.jpg

I tried using the heat gun and squeegee on it multiple times and was able to get some out but some stubborn ones just keep coming back. I wonder if I messed up the material when tucking it in to the rubber trim? If anyone has any tips please let me know. I might try redoing it sometime in the future.

Here is my attempt at the Chrome Delete. All the pieces were pretty easy except for the side indicators and the mirrors. I ended up not doing the side indicators after trying them twice and will probably remove the mirrors because I can't get them to look right.

The mirror is complicated for several reasons:
1) It was hard to "stretch" the vinyl (e.g. M1, M9 piece) across the chrome without creating bubbles or butchering it. M9 is not that big of a deal because you're not going to see it unless you look underneath the mirror.
2) Given the challenge above, not executing one piece for the mirror has an accumulating effect on the other pieces. I found it difficult to align the seams without it looking like it was from multiple pieces.

I might redo P3 to remove the bubble but from afar, I think it looks good. It certainly beats the $1,000± I was being quoted for. Seeing that others have finished the kit before on this thread, it can certainly be done. Overall this kit is good and the instruction video was helpful. If you have experience with wrapping chrome then it's a great bargain.

For those who completed the mirror, any advice you guys have in case I ask for another mirror kit.

Seriously. I also messed up both pieces of M3 on the passenger side

20191123_200436.jpg

But yeah the kit is definitely a bargain and I highly recommend it. 90% of the look at a fraction of the price

Reactions: Nikola Pro
View attachment 466423 Finally finished my wrap as well, satin black on MSM. After seeing the samples, satin was definitely the choice for me.

$150 for the look I was after, plus easy to install. I hate working with vinyl because I’m impatient, but the sectioned pieces and install videos made it easy.

Plus points for never bringing a razor blade anywhere near my precious car.
@Bluelite what did you do to your rims? Decals?

Looks like a great product and thinking about buying it. Two questions:

1) I’m thinking about doing a ceramic coating. Would it be an issue if I did a chrome delete and then ceramic on top? Wondering if it would cause any damage down the line if an edge of the vinyl started to come up.
2) Can you make a chrome delete of the dual motor badge?

Looks like a great product and thinking about buying it. Two questions:

1) I’m thinking about doing a ceramic coating. Would it be an issue if I did a chrome delete and then ceramic on top? Wondering if it would cause any damage down the line if an edge of the vinyl started to come up.
2) Can you make a chrome delete of the dual motor badge?

1) You should have no issues at all. Ceramic coats are put on top of vinyl all the time

2) That's something that we have in our list of to-dos but no time estimate right now

Knocked mine out today. Better pictures tomorrow. I saved the mirrors until the end to build up experience but that may have back fired as I may not have taken as much care. I may redo the mirrors later. The rest was super easy and looks good.

I didn’t put the door handles on yet, I have handles wrapped with a brushed look that had the T emblem so I will leave it for now and do it later.

great videos. The mirrors went a little fast and getting them wrapped around the edges caused some issues for me. Now that I have done the corner cameras I think I can go back and do it better.
C52FBEDC-AB9E-4701-B643-3CCC5380EE3D.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
Ended up ordering my Satin Black Chrome Delete Kit on Amazon since I had a gift card. The kit was ordered on the 18th, with an expected delivery time of Dec. 23rd to the 30th. It arrived today!! :) Blown away by the quickness of delivery. Now, it's time to put it on the car. Fingers crossed it turns out well. Other cars on this thread look sweet. I'm thinking the Satin finish on MSM is a winning combo! Will post back with before and after shots in the coming weeks. Thank you Nikola Pro!

P.S. The dash wrap still coming soon? I don't see it on the website. Thanks!

Ended up ordering my Satin Black Chrome Delete Kit on Amazon since I had a gift card. The kit was ordered on the 18th, with an expected delivery time of Dec. 23rd to the 30th. It arrived today!! :) Blown away by the quickness of delivery. Now, it's time to put it on the car. Fingers crossed it turns out well. Other cars on this thread look sweet. I'm thinking the Satin finish on MSM is a winning combo! Will post back with before and after shots in the coming weeks. Thank you Nikola Pro!

P.S. The dash wrap still coming soon? I don't see it on the website. Thanks!

Awesome! :)

In regards to the dash wrap, we haven't had the time to do a proper release yet. Going to try getting that out the second week of January after the holiday rush.

Reactions: elf9
Finished my install this afternoon, took about 4 hours for the window trim and mirrors. Overall it came out awesome, the kit was missing a few of the small pieces around the mirror, but it wasn’t a big deal since I had some extra vinyl from the door handles. Didn’t need to redo a single piece, so I have a whole second kit in case anything gets messed up in the future. Now if only the rain would stop and I could get some good pictures!
C1B2470D-155B-4E0C-92A1-62926145C157.jpeg
40EEAA34-ACB9-47F0-AF25-6E75CE14B632.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro and elf9
Finished my install this afternoon, took about 4 hours for the window trim and mirrors. Overall it came out awesome, the kit was missing a few of the small pieces around the mirror, but it wasn’t a big deal since I had some extra vinyl from the door handles. Didn’t need to redo a single piece, so I have a whole second kit in case anything gets messed up in the future. Now if only the rain would stop and I could get some good pictures!View attachment 491169 View attachment 491170
Did you look in the envelope with the Tesla logos for the small mirror pieces?