Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question:

What do people do with their rear license plate frame after doing the chrome delete? I still have the OE one from Tesla and it looks out of place

Wrap it to match:
IMG_1674.JPG

• Love
Reactions: davider
Do you have a discount code if purchased straight from your website?

Would rather buy from your website than through amazon to save us all some $$$.

Me too, I have been meaning to get this set but noticed that the price went up.. I'll be interested in a discount code or some sort too and order from your site.. :D

We priced it so our margins are acceptable when both Amazon and direct website sales are combined. If we priced lower on our website we'd have to raise Amazon prices to compensate. Due to this, we don't plan to offer any discounts

Yeah looks like I waited too long as well. Thought that $150 was a little pricey just for some cut pieces of vinyl tape, but now $170 is really pushing it. May just buy a couple rolls of vinyl tape and do it my$elf! There's a couple YouTube videos of somebody doing this and it looks great.

The trim can be done with the 2" rolls of vinyl, but the mirror section would be difficult without precut pieces. Keep in mind that you are getting two cars worth of pre-cut film for $170, and we remain the lowest cost option.

I installed my kit over the weekend. For the price, it cannot be beat. I paid about $950 to get one of my Model S's chrome delete. For $170 + a few hours, this kit is well worth it.

I've never wrapped a car before and while my application was not perfect, again for the price it was worth it. A few thoughts on installation:

1) While videos are good, written instructions would be helpful. It's difficult to find the exact time stamp when you want to watch installation of a particular piece and a lot of time is lost scrolling. The videos timed out on me a lot, too. Don't know if that's a YouTube thing or something with my devices, but I have an iPhone 11 and a giga Internet connection at home. I personally could have used written instructions with time stamps for the installation of each piece for quick reference.

2) I had some trouble tucking the edges on the trim pieces, but I can live with it.

3) The camera pieces are tricky. I also had trouble tucking the edges on those pieces.

4) The mirrors are tough - especially piece 3. 6 gave me a bit of trouble too because the space is so small, but rolling down the window helped. Piece 10 was a little short in my kit and I had to stretch it a bit on both sides.

Overall, great product and I love the look. If I obsess enough I might re-apply some of my imperfect pieces, but for now I'm going to enjoy.

Before and after is below. The chrome pops out way too much in the before photo. The blacked out look is much more aggressive and draws my attention to the whole car (and also makes the red calipers pop even more).
2020 Model 3 Chrome Trim.jpg
IMG_1088.jpeg

I installed my kit over the weekend. For the price, it cannot be beat. I paid about $950 to get one of my Model S's chrome delete. For $170 + a few hours, this kit is well worth it.

I've never wrapped a car before and while my application was not perfect, again for the price it was worth it. A few thoughts on installation:

1) While videos are good, written instructions would be helpful. It's difficult to find the exact time stamp when you want to watch installation of a particular piece and a lot of time is lost scrolling. The videos timed out on me a lot, too. Don't know if that's a YouTube thing or something with my devices, but I have an iPhone 11 and a giga Internet connection at home. I personally could have used written instructions with time stamps for the installation of each piece for quick reference.

2) I had some trouble tucking the edges on the trim pieces, but I can live with it.

3) The camera pieces are tricky. I also had trouble tucking the edges on those pieces.

4) The mirrors are tough - especially piece 3. 6 gave me a bit of trouble too because the space is so small, but rolling down the window helped. Piece 10 was a little short in my kit and I had to stretch it a bit on both sides.

Overall, great product and I love the look. If I obsess enough I might re-apply some of my imperfect pieces, but for now I'm going to enjoy.

Before and after is below. The chrome pops out way too much in the before photo. The blacked out look is much more aggressive and draws my attention to the whole car (and also makes the red calipers pop even more).View attachment 512516 View attachment 512517

Lots of great feedback here, thank you! Car looks amazing :)