Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model S Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally installed the kit on my 2014! Used gloss black, had a few issue where the supplied badge vinyl was too small for the logo on my car and the rear piece’s letter cut outs were too large for the ‘Tesla’ letters on my car. Also still awaiting the separate shipment for the nose cone vinyl..
B1B0B8CD-BC33-4FDD-97F2-C213B021989B.jpeg

@Nikola Pro Do you have any pictures of the kit installed on a lighter colored car such as Silver? I'm trying to visualize how this looks on my Silver S.

I think it looks awesome on Red, Black and probably blue as well, but I think black vinyl will stand out too much on a Silver car.

I wish I could see it installed on a Silver car as that will make my decision much easier. Thanks
I found some pictures here: Tesla Model S Chrome Delete - Custom Services by T Sportline
it has a sample of sliver with chrome delete

Reactions: SilverGS
after reading all of this thread, I am now wanting to order a set in satin black! provided it does come with the nosecone, lower rear valance, and front lower louver deletes as well for pre-facelift "S"???...

*almost forgot!,
Does the kit have the chrome under the side lower door covered????

Last edited:
after reading all of this thread, I am now wanting to order a set in satin black! provided it does come with the nosecone, lower rear valance, and front lower louver deletes as well for pre-facelift "S"???...

*almost forgot!,
Does the kit have the chrome under the side lower door covered????

I'm not affiliated with Nikola Pro but I have installed this kit on a Pre-fresh Model S recently. I can give some first-hand input on the kit that may answer your questions.

If you select pre-fresh or nosecone during checkout you will get the parts for the nosecone, obviously. In my case it shipped separate from the kit so, unless this has changed, don't be caught off guard by that part of the kit not showing up at the same time. They do include the front lower louver (I assume you mean next to the fog/driving lights, right?) although this is one of the more finicky pieces of the install IMO. They don't quite align with the rear fully (which you don't really see unless you're looking for IMO) while still giving you the right angles and amount on the front. Kind of hard to explain but I found that if I cheated the piece forward of the rear edge slightly and then did some minor stretching I could fully cover this piece from left to right on the front and get it to wrap over and cover the front of the louver completely which is the most important part. It's not the end of the world but I feel that maybe these pieces could use a little more attention and slight tweaking to be perfect.

Sadly, the kit does not include a piece to cover the lower rear valance on the pre-fresh cars currently. This was a bit of a surprise to me when I thought I was finished with the install but there was no pieces for that part on the car. I thought maybe I just didn't receive them but was told by Nikola Pro that this wasn't included but it might be in the future. IMO this is a fairly glaring omission and I hope it's something that gets added sooner than later as the rest of the car looks pretty amazing but that bit stands out even more once the rest of the car is done. I really didn't expect anything to be left chrome when I bought a chrome delete kit nor had I even considered it. it just seems like if you were doing a delete kit that you would want ALL of the chrome deleted so I'm not sure why any one piece would be left chrome.

You also asked about the lower side chrome bit under the doors which is another point of contention for me. A piece is included that fully covers this with the doors closed. So 99% of the time it looks great. Whenever you open the doors though you're greeted with a large chrome strip on top as the piece included with the kit doesn't wrap up high enough to fully cover this. It may be difficult to do in one strip so maybe three strips (two separate ones for the top to easily split the rear door hinge area) would be ideal but either way I'm not happy with the reminder that the chrome isn't completely deleted every time I open a car door. It just looks tacky IMO and I have to wonder what others think who open the door to check out the inside of my fancy car and see some out-of-place chrome bit with a vinyl edge that runs a little wavy across the length.

It seems like Nikola Pro is receptive to constructive feedback so I'm hopeful that the kit is improved using this information soon as it's a great DIY alternative and produces wonderful end-results save for these few nit picks I've mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: rolling18
Did the chrome delete on my 2015 P85D and completely agree with @Ostrichsak Also, in my case, the nosecone part came a few months later, and was the most difficult piece to install in my opinion, but it looks amazing- somehow completely changes the look of the nosecone. One more thing, I wish the door handle pieces completely covered the rear part of the door handles. They look great on the handles, but once you grip them to open the door, you feel the seams of the ends of the vinyl, as well as the exposed chrome on the inner part of the handle.

Not to gripe too much, though, because despite these issues, the kit looks great on the car, and I've gotten lots of compliments.

I'm not affiliated with Nikola Pro but I have installed this kit on a Pre-fresh Model S recently. I can give some first-hand input on the kit that may answer your questions.

If you select pre-fresh or nosecone during checkout you will get the parts for the nosecone, obviously. In my case it shipped separate from the kit so, unless this has changed, don't be caught off guard by that part of the kit not showing up at the same time. They do include the front lower louver (I assume you mean next to the fog/driving lights, right?) although this is one of the more finicky pieces of the install IMO. They don't quite align with the rear fully (which you don't really see unless you're looking for IMO) while still giving you the right angles and amount on the front. Kind of hard to explain but I found that if I cheated the piece forward of the rear edge slightly and then did some minor stretching I could fully cover this piece from left to right on the front and get it to wrap over and cover the front of the louver completely which is the most important part. It's not the end of the world but I feel that maybe these pieces could use a little more attention and slight tweaking to be perfect.

Sadly, the kit does not include a piece to cover the lower rear valance on the pre-fresh cars currently. This was a bit of a surprise to me when I thought I was finished with the install but there was no pieces for that part on the car. I thought maybe I just didn't receive them but was told by Nikola Pro that this wasn't included but it might be in the future. IMO this is a fairly glaring omission and I hope it's something that gets added sooner than later as the rest of the car looks pretty amazing but that bit stands out even more once the rest of the car is done. I really didn't expect anything to be left chrome when I bought a chrome delete kit nor had I even considered it. it just seems like if you were doing a delete kit that you would want ALL of the chrome deleted so I'm not sure why any one piece would be left chrome.

You also asked about the lower side chrome bit under the doors which is another point of contention for me. A piece is included that fully covers this with the doors closed. So 99% of the time it looks great. Whenever you open the doors though you're greeted with a large chrome strip on top as the piece included with the kit doesn't wrap up high enough to fully cover this. It may be difficult to do in one strip so maybe three strips (two separate ones for the top to easily split the rear door hinge area) would be ideal but either way I'm not happy with the reminder that the chrome isn't completely deleted every time I open a car door. It just looks tacky IMO and I have to wonder what others think who open the door to check out the inside of my fancy car and see some out-of-place chrome bit with a vinyl edge that runs a little wavy across the length.

It seems like Nikola Pro is receptive to constructive feedback so I'm hopeful that the kit is improved using this information soon as it's a great DIY alternative and produces wonderful end-results save for these few nit picks I've mentioned.

Thanks for the IN -depth response! i will be following allong as I just ordered one for my S as well! you point out some good things to pay attention too.

On a side note in your signature you list your cars as apollo 1, 2 3, are those in order?
if so, why did you go backwards from a 2016 90d to a p85d?

Thanks for the IN -depth response! i will be following allong as I just ordered one for my S as well! you point out some good things to pay attention too.

On a side note in your signature you list your cars as apollo 1, 2 3, are those in order?
if so, why did you go backwards from a 2016 90d to a p85d?

3,4 & 5 (1 and 2 are sold) but yeah.. those are in order of when we bought them. The refresh 90D is for my wife so she gets the newer and fancier one. The Performance cars may be older but I'm a speed freak so I have to have the fast one. I just picked up the P85DL a couple of weeks ago (a few days after selling Apollo 2) and plan to sell Apollo 3. Already on the look out for Apollo 6 & 7 as the next steps will likely be a 100D or LR to replace the 90D and a P100DL or Performance to replace the P85DL just depends on what order I find the deal on as to which one we buy first. I don't buy new cars as the depreciation rates are absurd and I have no desire to lose that kind of money. That's not Tesla specific and has gone back to all cars I've bought since I was young and dumb about finances.

Back on topic: one tip I would give that isn't mentioned in the videos is to not stretch the tape as you apply it. I had some difficulty early on as it was a warm day so the tape was pretty warm and pliable as I applied. I thought I needed to pull it tight to keep from getting bubbles or creases in it but the reality is that the tape is really good stuff and the key is to more laying if flat than pulling it tight if that makes sense. Pulling it will tend to slightly lengthen and deform the piece which can cause issues by the time you get the end. I realized this fairly early on but it did cause me to need to trim and reshape a couple of pieces before realizing what I was doing.