Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have to ACH down payment or can I take a bank check when I go to pick up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up tomorrow and was wondering if I have to ACH the payment through my account before my meeting or can I take a bank check. My CU that I am financing through wants a copy of official bank check to process the loan.

Yeah, lots of these. It usually depends on the location and amount of the payoff. Most of mine was the loan from Alliant with about $10K from a personal check. But I also believe Tesla ran a credit check. So YMMV.

You’d think a bank (cashiers, etc) would always work but there have been so many scams with these recently, who knows what their policy may be.

In So Cal, I used a cashier's check for the full amount, the funds for my loan were deposited by the bank right into my checking account. I could have used ACH, but felt safer going with the cashier's check. When I got to the delivery center, they let me know that I could have used a personal check for any balance that was left, but the cashier's check covered it all

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler