Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do M3 Performance Brembo brakes work with 19” stock M3 sport rims?

IChillinz

Mar 19, 2021
Milwaukee, WI
Greetings,

I want to upgrade to the red M3 Performance brakes on my Dual Motor M3. I have the Stock 19‘s. Will they clear? Was looking to pick them online somewhere.

Also would it affect my warranty if I would replace them? I assume I can just unbolt and bolt new ones on. I know how to do brakes but thought I would ask if I need to be aware of anything else.

Thx

Scott

SCalEV

Aug 5, 2020
Agoura Hills, CA
Greetings,

I want to upgrade to the red M3 Performance brakes on my Dual Motor M3. I have the Stock 19‘s. Will they clear? Was looking to pick them online somewhere.

Also would it affect my warranty if I would replace them? I assume I can just unbolt and bolt new ones on. I know how to do brakes but thought I would ask if I need to be aware of anything else.

Thx

Scott
You would need new Calipers, Rotor's, Brackets and I would think Brake lines.

For my 2020 M3P I am told the Tesla 18's & 19's would not fit because of a "Notch" on the Rotor.

Others can confirm the details.

Ed

IChillinz

Mar 19, 2021
Milwaukee, WI
You would need new Calipers, Rotor's, Brackets and I would think Brake lines.

For my 2020 M3P I am told the Tesla 18's & 19's would not fit because of a "Notch" on the Rotor.

Others can confirm the details.

Ed

That makes sense and I should of thought of it myself since the Brakes are bigger. Was thinking more of the 19" wheels and didnt even think of brackets and brake lines.

MasterC17

Dec 3, 2015
USA
As long as the wheels are revision B or higher they will fit. If you have a DM then they are.

To retrofit the Performance Brakes you need the rotors and calipers (with pads). There are no brackets, the brake lines are the same. You can get new backing plates for the front, or just remove the existing ones. You will need new jumper harnesses for the rear EPB's. They are $100 each from Tesla.

Reactions: IChillinz

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC