Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do M3 Performance Brembo brakes work with 19” stock M3 sport rims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I want to upgrade to the red M3 Performance brakes on my Dual Motor M3. I have the Stock 19‘s. Will they clear? Was looking to pick them online somewhere.

Also would it affect my warranty if I would replace them? I assume I can just unbolt and bolt new ones on. I know how to do brakes but thought I would ask if I need to be aware of anything else.

Thx

Scott

Greetings,

I want to upgrade to the red M3 Performance brakes on my Dual Motor M3. I have the Stock 19‘s. Will they clear? Was looking to pick them online somewhere.

Also would it affect my warranty if I would replace them? I assume I can just unbolt and bolt new ones on. I know how to do brakes but thought I would ask if I need to be aware of anything else.

Thx

Scott
You would need new Calipers, Rotor's, Brackets and I would think Brake lines.

For my 2020 M3P I am told the Tesla 18's & 19's would not fit because of a "Notch" on the Rotor.

Others can confirm the details.

Ed

You would need new Calipers, Rotor's, Brackets and I would think Brake lines.

For my 2020 M3P I am told the Tesla 18's & 19's would not fit because of a "Notch" on the Rotor.

Others can confirm the details.

Ed

That makes sense and I should of thought of it myself since the Brakes are bigger. Was thinking more of the 19" wheels and didnt even think of brackets and brake lines.

As long as the wheels are revision B or higher they will fit. If you have a DM then they are.

To retrofit the Performance Brakes you need the rotors and calipers (with pads). There are no brackets, the brake lines are the same. You can get new backing plates for the front, or just remove the existing ones. You will need new jumper harnesses for the rear EPB's. They are $100 each from Tesla.

Reactions: IChillinz