Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance brakes on Long Range - What wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have a 2022 Long Range Dual Motor.

I plan on installing the Performance brakes (for aesthetics) which I have already purchased and read through the extensive post on the forum.

I know I can't use my 18" aeros anymore, but can I use the normal 19" wheels (without the "step") on the LR with sport brakes? I keep reading about the step that performance rotors have but I cannot determine if I strictly need the 20" et34 performance wheels or the regular 19" et40 wheels will work ok.

Thanks!

I think your terminology is going to get you mixed answers. Define "normal 19" wheels" and "sport brakes." Also the performance rotors do not have a step, they expose a step on the hub that exists on all model 3s because the rotors are thinner.

I did this brake swap on my 2018 LR AWD. Assuming you're wanting to use the 19" OEM wheels which do not have a step machined in them, I would recommend a 3-5mm spacer which will cover the step and push your +40 offset wheels back out to where they were originally.

Reactions: Sam1
I think your terminology is going to get you mixed answers. Define "normal 19" wheels" and "sport brakes." Also the performance rotors do not have a step, they expose a step on the hub that exists on all model 3s because the rotors are thinner.

I did this brake swap on my 2018 LR AWD. Assuming you're wanting to use the 19" OEM wheels which do not have a step machined in them, I would recommend a 3-5mm spacer which will cover the step and push your +40 offset wheels back out to where they were originally.
Thanks I hadn't messed with them in a couple of years, but did remember there was a lip on something.