Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have Michelin MXM4 on their 19" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the MXM4 tires in a non-Tesla spec on our 19x10" wheels for daily driving. The efficiency of them is horrible. Keep in mind that non-Tesla spec tires are very different, even among the same tire model!

They are fun in that they don't have much grip, so sliding around is a good time. That's about the only positive :)

For reference - the 21" Tesla-spec P-Zero's on our Model Y performance gets more or less the same efficiency as the 19" MXM4's on our Model 3 on city roads.

Putting FAST EV-01's with aero covers on the car with the Tesla Model 3 spec Conti 19's dropped the consumption by something like 18%. It was massive. And this was very much at low speeds as well as at high speeds, so it's not just aerodynamics.

Interesting to see you’ve done it!

Is it fair to compare a 10” wide tire to an 8.5” wide tire though?

Well of course that plays a role, but the Model Y Performance also has a 10" wide wheel with a 275, and we've found that to get about the same efficiency!

Secondly, considering the tire width is almost the same, I couldn't imagine a wide wheel would have much impact at all at low speeds. It would be more of an aerodynamic issue I would think. Without proof

I plan to put either MXM4 or P7+ On my 19s. I’ll post when I have some efficiency numbers. Despite everyone trashing the stock tires, I’ve been through like 6 sets of tires now and haven’t found any as efficient as the MXM4.
I went with the P7+ II for my new set of tires. I was averaging 272 wh/mi for a week, but then I went to an autocross and that completely ruined my newly created trip data for efficiency tracking. That's a little higher than I was averaging on MXM4, but it's not enough time to really even out.

One thing I do like is the 235 P7 seems to have more rim protection than the 235 MXM4 did.

Attachments

• IMG_5857.jpg
    IMG_5857.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 44