Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have the Xpel "Luggage Area Kit"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone purchased the Xpel Luggage Area Kit? If so, does it overlap the edge of the bumper? I tried my best to show the edge I'm talking about.

We had the one from RPM Tesla and it overlapped the edge by the tiniest amount. And this tiny amount saved us when we slightly bumped into another car. The film was shredded a little along this edge and so we need to replace it. I was interested in trying out the Xpel version this time.

Also has anyone tried to DIY this area? I tried to DIY the door sill...but failed miserably, my knife wasn't sharp enough and couldn't cut through the film cleanly. But this luggage area might be easier? On second thought maybe not...it needs to be slightly curved to fit the bumper. I don't think I have the patience to try and make that look perfect.

Trunk.jpg

I went ahead and bought the Xpel luggage area kit. It's about $30 on the website and about $2.30 for shipping. It came on a roll that was more than twice as tall as I was expecting it to be. Upon further inspection we realized it was 2 pieces. They looked identical in shape and I didn't know how to install them so I emailed Xpel. They responded and said the second piece is a "backup" and they provide it "just in case". wow!! Two for the price of one!

We installed it tonight. Compared to the RPM one, the XPEL is about maybe half a centimeter narrower. It goes right up to that red line in my picture. The RPM one overlapped the red line by just a tiny bit. We'll just have to be more careful and not back up into someone in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SD_Engnr and P85_DA
i had someone install it as i also have the headlight and center console kits. originally ordered the rpm center console which i did myself but wasn’t happy with how it kept lifting and since rpm disregarded my email asking to purchase a replacement piece i opted with xpel and couldn’t be happier.

Has anyone purchased the Xpel Luggage Area Kit? If so, does it overlap the edge of the bumper? I tried my best to show the edge I'm talking about.

We had the one from RPM Tesla and it overlapped the edge by the tiniest amount. And this tiny amount saved us when we slightly bumped into another car. The film was shredded a little along this edge and so we need to replace it. I was interested in trying out the Xpel version this time.

Also has anyone tried to DIY this area? I tried to DIY the door sill...but failed miserably, my knife wasn't sharp enough and couldn't cut through the film cleanly. But this luggage area might be easier? On second thought maybe not...it needs to be slightly curved to fit the bumper. I don't think I have the patience to try and make that look perfect.

View attachment 319649
I'm an Xpel dealer if there is anything you need.

How easy or hard is it to install? We've already got, ahem, stray bag scrapes there that I'm sure will buff out, but at 1600mi it's a bit early for that.. i can imagine more in our future.

It's very easy for the luggage area! There are a lot of videos out there. All you need is a special squeegee (like this: squeegee) and some alcohol and baby shampoo solution in a spray bottle.
If you buy a kit from a vendor, they usually include a squeegee and sometimes even a small pack of baby shampoo (you only need a few drops).

The one I got when I ordered directly from XPEL only had the film.