Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Changing Color Change My Delivery Date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ordered a White w/ Black interior Model Y Long Range on March 23 and then changed to the Model Y Performance on March 28 primarily to get it sooner (June/July vs January/February).

Now she thinks she wants to change to Black/Black.

I still love her.

Would this change of color affect our EDD? When we changed from MYLR to MYP it did not affect the date.

MYP should accelerate EDD. Black vs White not as much a big deal, although a base-model no-options white car is probably the slowest thing on Tesla's list because it's the cheapest. They prioritize higher margin cars to some extent. Make sure to fill out your financing in order to be taken seriously in line (incomplete orders also tend to linger at the back of the list). It's not a great system, and the dates jump around all over, but the cars are wonderful and the prices can be relied on.

My wife ordered a White w/ Black interior Model Y Long Range on March 23 and then changed to the Model Y Performance on March 28 primarily to get it sooner (June/July vs January/February).

Now she thinks she wants to change to Black/Black.

I still love her.

Would this change of color affect our EDD? When we changed from MYLR to MYP it did not affect the date.
The "Edit Configuration" no longer shows up on your order page. Elsewhere on this blog some have stated you cannot make changes anymore.
NOT TRUE. I called the (888) 518-3752 got thru to Amber in two minutes and she reset my order page which now has an edit link. Voila my Blue/White MUP is now Red/White. Just like that. And she confirmed no price change except for the additional $1000 for the red paint upcharge. The delivery date stayed at May15 to May 29!! I just watched it change colors on my phone app. Lovin' TESLA today.

Did it change at the end ?
The only amount is changed was the additional cost of the color. (Blue to Red was an additional $1000).
Red MYP - VIN assigned arriving 23-27 May when I return from Thailand.

I guess all of us are lucky to be getting vehicles as Elon says he is going to halt orders for the rest of the year until production catches up.

I ordered a Black MYLR on 3/15/22 with an EDD of September 2022. I called the 800 number and got them to enable the Edit Configuration button. I changed my color from Black to White. After saving my changes the new EDD is December-March 2023. Uggh. i went back in and changed the color from White to Black. The EDD stayed the same December-March 2023. I’m so tired of waiting. I decided to edit the configuration again, this time i selected White MY Performance. After saving my changes the new EDD is June 18-July 1. I live in NC. Wow, I hope the EDD is true! It’s less than 2 weeks away. I have seen a lot of comparisons between MYLR and MYP, but never have they compared the delivery times. I really dont need performance model, but hey, for $5k more, i get a faster car, and i get it a year sooner! Plus it appears I dont have to wait around wondering like the rest of us. Tesla might as well have a tiered system, with immediate delivery for those willing to pay 1.5x and slower delivery for those willing to pay 1.2x and very slow delivery for those willing to pay list price. Thoughts?

I ordered a Black MYLR on 3/15/22 with an EDD of September 2022. I called the 800 number and got them to enable the Edit Configuration button. I changed my color from Black to White. After saving my changes the new EDD is December-March 2023. Uggh. i went back in and changed the color from White to Black. The EDD stayed the same December-March 2023. I’m so tired of waiting. I decided to edit the configuration again, this time i selected White MY Performance. After saving my changes the new EDD is June 18-July 1. I live in NC. Wow, I hope the EDD is true! It’s less than 2 weeks away. I have seen a lot of comparisons between MYLR and MYP, but never have they compared the delivery times. I really dont need performance model, but hey, for $5k more, i get a faster car, and i get it a year sooner! Plus it appears I dont have to wait around wondering like the rest of us. Tesla might as well have a tiered system, with immediate delivery for those willing to pay 1.5x and slower delivery for those willing to pay 1.2x and very slow delivery for those willing to pay list price. Thoughts?
Totally agree.
The bean counters rule.
Delivery times are driven by $$$$$.

when was your change from MYLR to MYP?

i went to the "Edit" configuration button myself (with the edit link) and the price difference is 7k instead of 5k.

when was your change from MYLR to MYP?

i went to the "Edit" configuration button myself (with the edit link) and the price difference is 7k instead of 5k.

$5K difference assuming MYLR with 20" wheels? (+$7K to MYP - $2K wheels)

Can't believe Tesla still has MYLR orders pending from September... My original MYLR order was 9/7/21 and when my EDD pushed back to SEP 2022, I switched to MYP and got it before the end of March and have had the car 2 months and change...

My "upgrade cost" was was even less at just $3K because my original order had $2K 20" wheels + $3K 7 seats but likely got the car 6+ months sooner.

Hope you get yours soon!

$5K difference assuming MYLR with 20" wheels? (+$7K to MYP - $2K wheels)

Can't believe Tesla still has MYLR orders pending from September... My original MYLR order was 9/7/21 and when my EDD pushed back to SEP 2022, I switched to MYP and got it before the end of March and have had the car 2 months and change...

My "upgrade cost" was was even less at just $3K because my original order had $2K 20" wheels + $3K 7 seats but likely got the car 6+ months sooner.

Hope you get yours soon!
i had MYLR with 19" and nothing special about it. So switching from MYLR to MYP is a 7k jump for me, which i am debating. damn..