Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Color changed delivery date ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I changed the color of the car and reverted back , the delivery date changed from Feb-March to Apr-June but on reverting back didnt change the delivery date. Is there a way to revert back to the current delivery date?

Hi All, I changed the color of the car and reverted back , the delivery date changed from Feb-March to Apr-June but on reverting back didnt change the delivery date. Is there a way to revert back to the current delivery date?

Unfortunately, nope. You're back of the line. It sucks, but the Model Y is in such high demand since the price drop, that Tesla has literally sold out all Model Y's, until likely June! I'd say you're lucky it even says Apr-June and not just June, since new Model Y's won't start being produced for new orders until April. Your only chance now is to try to find a Model Y in inventory somewhere close to you, otherwise, you gotta wait.

Link: Tesla (TSLA) is sold out of Model Y for the quarter

Reactions: vet757
Unfortunately, nope. You're back of the line. It sucks, but the Model Y is in such high demand since the price drop, that Tesla has literally sold out all Model Y's, until likely June! I'd say you're lucky it even says Apr-June and not just June, since new Model Y's won't start being produced for new orders until April. Your only chance now is to try to find a Model Y in inventory somewhere close to you, otherwise, you gotta wait.

Link: Tesla (TSLA) is sold out of Model Y for the quarter
thank you , wish i knew this

Yeah, I wish Tesla made this clear somewhere prominent on their website
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 14.21.55~2.png

Yeah, I so want to change to a 7 seater but just worried about being back in line.
Best bet is to try to grab one from inventory if it ever appears and have a SA convert it to your order but make sure they can honor your original price, preferably in person at your local sales\SC so you can see the screen showing you the price.

Or if you don't care about the original price, then click buy on the inventory car if it appears and pay the additional $250 order fee hit and current price hit.

Best bet is to try to grab one from inventory if it ever appears and have a SA convert it to your order but make sure they can honor your original price, preferably in person at your local sales\SC so you can see the screen showing you the price.

Or if you don't care about the original price, then click buy on the inventory car if it appears and pay the additional $250 order fee hit and current price hit.
Got it, planning to go to nearest tesla showroom today and see the option you mentioned. Thank you very much!!

Got it, planning to go to nearest tesla showroom today and see the option you mentioned. Thank you very much!!
You can track inventory online before heading in-person, however SA probably has inside inventory access but most pretend they don't.

The real issue with inventory cars is they can disappear wicked fast, especially if a highly desired combination. Going to the local dealership just adds time to the equation.
I just saw a car in the inventory last night and contacted my local dealer if I could buy the car with no tax as our state has no sales tax and the car where it’s available has tax. He said he’ll get back to me and in an hour or so the car is gone.