Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model S always get delivered with Front Lic Place Frame?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I just bought a new 2018 Model S 75D. I got it delivered to my home in Arizona.
It came with a front license plate frame, which looks ugly - it totally distracts from the smooth lines of the Model S design. I tried to remove it by unscrewing it - but it is glued pretty hard to the metal which bums me out.

Arizona doesn't require front license plates.

So, I ask the delivery guy why that was put on this car. He says "they deliver all Model S cars with the front license plate frames because the crash tests were done with that frame, and Tesla doesn't want to remove them. You can't go to a Tesla service center and get it removed either. You have to go to a third party mechanic to get it removed."

Is it true they are delivering them ALL with a front license plate frame? And does his explanation hold water? I'm smelling some BS here.

Please advise.

Is it true they are delivering them ALL with a front license plate frame? And does his explanation hold water? I'm smelling some BS here.

Total BS! California by law requires both plates but I’ve seen more Tesla’s here without front plates. When I purchased my BMW I told SA don’t put front plates. When I signed for car 30 mins later it was drilled, he gave CA law BS excuse when he probably forgot to tell guy in the back not to drill my bumper.

Total BS! California by law requires both plates but I’ve seen more Tesla’s here without front plates. When I purchased my BMW I told SA don’t put front plates. When I signed for car 30 mins later it was drilled, he gave CA law BS excuse when he probably forgot to tell guy in the back not to drill my bumper.

When I picked up my i3 they made me sign a document agreeing to display a front plate...