Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does new My Q integration need any hardware if you already have a My Q GDO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say this was one of my biggest annoyances when I got my m3p. This $60k+ car with all the tech in the world doesnt come with a simple feature that my 1999 mercury came with when I was in highschool. And I cant add it myself, $350 and they force you to have them install a box that is prewired in the car. I was super excited about myq when I saw the update and immediately installed it, then the gut punch of a required subscription. Everyone wants a buck these days. But I will most likely pay for 5 years which amounts to just under $3 a month and half the cost of installing homelink, since I intend to upgrade my car before the warranty is up in 2027 anyway. I hate having a clicker there are a ton of vehicle breakins where I live and clickers are asking for a smashed window. I haven't played with the proximity open/close but having the option and status on the screen it what i wanted.

Reactions: Luvtoride
Of coarse right after I posted I read the thread that it is now possible to self install homelink and i can get a module for about the same price as the myq subscription.. now i have to decide which route to go.. myq requires nothing on my part but homelink is a permanent upgrade. I'll probably go with the homelink if i can find a deal on the module on ebay