Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla have a CES presence this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if Tesla is doing anything with CES, overtly or otherwise. Anyone heard anything? I'm heading there on Thursday, so I'll be happy to report back if I see anything interesting.

In other automotive news, I read that Ford is opening up its Synch platform to other car manufacturers to get a higher user base so the platform will be appealing to developers. I don't think Tesla will go there (at least not any time soon), so that probably means mostly in-house apps for now.

I'm curious if Tesla is doing anything with CES, overtly or otherwise. Anyone heard anything? I'm heading there on Thursday, so I'll be happy to report back if I see anything interesting.

In other automotive news, I read that Ford is opening up its Synch platform to other car manufacturers to get a higher user base so the platform will be appealing to developers. I don't think Tesla will go there (at least not any time soon), so that probably means mostly in-house apps for now.

Panasonic had an hour long keynote where they referenced Tesla several times. I think it was around the halfway point where they spoke about their partnership with TM.

The s was at nvidia's booth. Sorry for the iPad pic, my iPhone decided to spontaneously die mid-show today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357711831.634232.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357711858.026289.jpg

really cant understand how Tesla is not having a both at the CES, the CES is full of geek that love to see new technology and with its 17" screen and in general being an EV. Tesla should had a point to be at the CES. The would gather so much more publicity.

Anyone has a theory why Tesla decided to stay away from the CES?

boosting reservation numbers will push the stock, so more money for Tesla and cashflow with the 5k$ reservations.
So having a booth at the CES would bring them def more money then they would spend.
Also the media coverage on the CES is very big, I think the biggest any trade show has,

Just because Tesla doesn't has a demand problem that doesn't mean they don't need demand and thereforeadvertise, and thats a very cost effective way of advertisement.

afaik waiting time is 9months right know, right? How big would the buzz around Tesla would be if it would be 18 Months (given the current production rate).
Such high demand numbers would justify quick investments in the production line without being worried that the demand wont hold.

Like I said although Tesla doesn't has a demand Problem, more demand for their cars is always a good thing, and given the relatively low price of a CES both they should use that platform to advertise. We are not talking about Superball commercial here, just a booth.

Tesla isn't that big on auto shows; I was told their strategy is to catch the public's attention in their own stores, and they don't think the big shows are worthwhile. So it's not surprising they're not very interested in CES.

Also, CES isn't an auto show. Although Tesla has cool tech in the car, they are an automobile company. If they did go to any kind of trade show it should be a car show. I think having the car at the NVidia booth (and several Roadsters at various booths in the past) is the better play. Having a nice booth at a show like CES can cost a lot of money. I'd rather have them spend that money delivering cars and improving firmware on their current cars. Just my two cents.

p.s. I'm heading to CES in my Model S today so I if anyone else is there and wants to have a Tesla get together, let me know.