Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the glovebox no longer have a space for the J1772 Adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty good spot for it unless your “glove” box is filled with other stuff. It’s tight and it doesn’t come lose (at least not in Insane mode.)

Attachments

• E44154BD-EF64-4A03-A0F9-5B42E23329EE.jpeg
    E44154BD-EF64-4A03-A0F9-5B42E23329EE.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 59
Pretty good spot for it unless your “glove” box is filled with other stuff. It’s tight and it doesn’t come lose (at least not in Insane mode.)
That's the old style glove box which had that spot for the adapter. The newer glove boxes (I have a 2017 90D) do not have that recessed area...Rumor has it the spot went away when the HEPA filter was introduced but no confirmation on that. What is clear is that the newer Model S glove boxes no longer have that recessed area.

That's the old style glove box which had that spot for the adapter. The newer glove boxes (I have a 2017 90D) do not have that recessed area...Rumor has it the spot went away when the HEPA filter was introduced but no confirmation on that. What is clear is that the newer Model S glove boxes no longer have that recessed area.

That spot went away well before the HEPA filter. My April 2015 build S85D doesn't have it. I keep my J1772 adapter in a little toolbag under the trunk floor that also holds an air compressor, tire gauge, etc.

Bruce.

This storage area is not in my 2018 car :( Wish they didn't delete this feature...

For now I wrapped the adapter in a Neoprene sleeve to avoid noise and vibration and placed it in the glove box.

I'm thinking one of those beer can coolers might be a perfect fit for this adapter.