Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20x8.5 square Work Brombachers installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
I had these on my previous X and had another set of adapters made so I could fit them on the Y. There were some delays with the anodizing so it took a little longer than I would have liked but the timing worked out since it's just starting to warm up.

PXL_20210913_180519651.jpg

Tires are 255/40Z/20 Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02:

Wheels are 20x8.5 Work Brombachers, 5x130 exclusive to Porsche. They're basically a reverse lip VS-XX. I had originally planned on refinishing the wheels with bronze centers and a matte black lip but I didn't feel like spending any money. Adapters are the equivalent of adding a 18.5mm spacer.

TPMS are $60 eBay specials that paired with no problem. We'll see how they last 😂

The car is lowered on Redwood/Ohlins with ride height in between the long range and performance.

Mounting the tires
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 19.59.52.png

Hey look, a $1 hocky puck works pretty well!
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.01.55.png

Installing the adapters. Does anybody know if there is a setting that applies force to prevent the front wheels from rotating like the rears? This part sucks.
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 19.59.25.png

Caliper wipe down and some graphite on the studs to prevent galling
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.01.43.png

Not sure why the color is so weird. I didn't apply any filters, but my car is def not this color.
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.05.13.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.04.34.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.06.08.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.06.34.png

Bonus photo of the dry carbon, Alcantara AliExpress steering wheel
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 20.03.23.png

I had these on my previous X and had another set of adapters made so I could fit them on the Y. There were some delays with the anodizing so it took a little longer than I would have liked but the timing worked out since it's just starting to warm up.

PXL_20210913_180519651.jpg

Tires are 255/40Z/20 Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02:

Wheels are 20x8.5 Work Brombachers, 5x130 exclusive to Porsche. They're basically a reverse lip VS-XX. I had originally planned on refinishing the wheels with bronze centers and a matte black lip but I didn't feel like spending any money. Adapters are the equivalent of adding a 18.5mm spacer.

TPMS are $60 eBay specials that paired with no problem. We'll see how they last 😂

The car is lowered on Redwood/Ohlins with ride height in between the long range and performance.

Mounting the tires
View attachment 1041799

Hey look, a $1 hocky puck works pretty well!
View attachment 1041801

Installing the adapters. Does anybody know if there is a setting that applies force to prevent the front wheels from rotating like the rears? This part sucks.
View attachment 1041798

Caliper wipe down and some graphite on the studs to prevent galling
View attachment 1041800

Not sure why the color is so weird. I didn't apply any filters, but my car is def not this color.
View attachment 1041804
View attachment 1041803
View attachment 1041805
View attachment 1041806

Bonus photo of the dry carbon, Alcantara AliExpress steering wheel
View attachment 1041802
I was wondering how the TPMS worked out.
So how did you hold the front wheel from rotating? I think I would let the impact do it.

So how did you hold the front wheel from rotating? I think I would let the impact do it.
Have someone depress the brake while you torque down the spacer OR jam a small wrench between the rotor's slot. Make sure you damp it with something soft so the wrench doesn't leave mark on your caliper.

-Danny

Reactions: Clun9
I have a small concern about air leakage due to the diameter of the sensor. It barely seats from the inside and required some finagling to not leak. Everything is pressurized and holding steady, but we'll see.

1714149520551.png

Since I was doing this myself, I used a breaker against the studs and wood to prevent the hub from rotating when I torque.

• Funny
Reactions: Bart404 and MODEL+
nice wheels ! and love the color of your car LOL

thanks!

Bronze faces!!! That's the color combo you had wanted no? Lol

Looks great. Nice daily setup with tons of meat. Did you have caliper clearance issues with them or the adapters already minimum width? 15mm?
yeah, I did want bronze, but didn't want to spend the money right now. Maybe next winter? My partner curbed the wheels when they were on the X, so I do need to refinish them anyways. There's plenty of clearance because it's moving the wheel away from the the hub. The spacer width I listed was relative to the OEM wheels, but in reality I had to do some math to account for the original wheel offset as well.

thanks!

yeah, I did want bronze, but didn't want to spend the money right now. Maybe next winter? My partner curbed the wheels when they were on the X, so I do need to refinish them anyways. There's plenty of clearance because it's moving the wheel away from the the hub. The spacer width I listed was relative to the OEM wheels, but in reality I had to do some math to account for the original wheel offset as well.

If you do refinish them and there is plenty of caliper clearance, I would reduce the adapter sizing and reduce the offset so you can run a much larger lip.