Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Google based navigation show red light light camera alerts or speed traps like Waze?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully realize Waze isn't an option for these cars but since Google owns Waze I was maybe hoping the maps for these cars may have indications for red light cameras and radar traps? It's a life saver in a city obsessed with generating more revenue from drivers. I did do a search and didn't see a topic exactly like this so apologies if it's a common question.

The routing information isnt from google. I think its just the maps themselves, but have not researched that. I
How does the Tesla navigation accuracy and routing compare to Waze? Thanks!

It depends on where you are... like most navigation. Tesla nav works great for me, better than the navigation in my wifes 2019 X3, whether I use the native BMW iDrive interface, or Carplay, which we have in that car.

The draw to waze is those radar traps and such. I hated waze interface, and there was ZERO chance I personally was going to contribute to the data as I dont touch my phone while I drive, so I am not a fan of waze specifically.

The routing information isnt from google. I think its just the maps themselves, but have not researched that. I

It depends on where you are... like most navigation. Tesla nav works great for me, better than the navigation in my wifes 2019 X3, whether I use the native BMW iDrive interface, or Carplay, which we have in that car.

The draw to waze is those radar traps and such. I hated waze interface, and there was ZERO chance I personally was going to contribute to the data as I dont touch my phone while I drive, so I am not a fan of waze specifically.
When you have CarPlay you don't need to touch your phone. I personally feel it's the best navigation system for driving as the latest Google maps is worse than Apple maps IMO.