Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model 3 have an integrated bluetooth OBDII interface?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea what this device is. Its raised a few questions.

I was installing a new device in my garage that had bluetooth and picked this apparent OBDII device up. Doesn't pair on my iPhone (not unusual for OBD devices on iOS), but Win 10 prompts for password. Nothing obvious with a BLE scan.

It may have been around for some time from some other source and I had just not noticed it before, or it could be linked to a service centre visit last week...

First thought was that they had been careless and left a OBD device inside, but then I wondered if all Model 3's had OBD bluetooth capabilities and they had just forgotten to disable the service.

I have asked Tesla if one of their OBD devices is missing.

upload_2020-5-26_19-24-53.png

Pretty sure EU law mandates that all cars sold in the EU should be manufactured with provision for an OBD interface.

There was concern previously that if this standard was removed then diagnostics could only be performed by the dealer with propriety equipment that they wouldn't be required to license.

Don't know about the specifics of the Model 3 but would love to be able to connect to it and read codes if they arise. A good OBD reader helped me save thousands when servicing my previous cars.