Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does the trunk auto unlocks when you walk up to it and pull the lever?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
only had the car for less than 2 weeks and have been asking lots of newbie questions... I do search for every question I'm asking. My MY trunk does not auto unlock when I walk up with my phone. I have to manually unlock inside the car or openit from my phone. Is this right? Seems very inconvenient. Thanks!

does the door open when you walk up to it? If not, it's a general phone key problem. If your car is already unlocked, that that trunk button work at all?
driver door unlocks when I pull the lever. No other doors do. I have to manually unlock by press and hold the door button inside car then the trunk will open when I hit the button above the license plate.

okay, mine doesn't do that. There's no setting I have to manually set to do this right?

Have you checked what door unlock mode your car is in?

(link to online manual)

Relevant quote:

Tesla door unlock mode.JPG

Have you checked what door unlock mode your car is in?

(link to online manual)

Relevant quote:

View attachment 907524
I do have this one enable.. does this mean only the driver door & charging door will unlock? If disable, all doors will unlock? Kinda makes sense... I was confused what this was for...

I do have this one enable.. does this mean only the driver door & charging door will unlock? If disable, all doors will unlock? Kinda makes sense... I was confused what this was for...

Enabling driver door unlock mode means that only the drivers door will unlock when you get to the car. Some people dont want all the doors to unlock when they come to the car. I dont know if this one is profile specific so you would want to check that if its relevant to you (meaning I dont know if you share the car with someone else who might care about that setting, etc).

The setting is dumb. It’s intended to prevent other doors from unlocking as a safety feature so someone can’t jump in your back seat after you get into your car for example. But in actual use it causes more inconvenience such as this.

It should unlock all doors if a non drivers door is opened first, or at the very least still let the trunk open.