Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk not walkup unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is that mode controlled from? The trunk release button and display panel icon to open the trunk won’t work on my car. Only way to open the trunk has been through the app. Same issue with the frunk.
I just returned from Tesla's service center, and the problem turned out to be a control setting issue.

In the Lock section of the car panel display, there is a setting labeled "Driver Door Unlock Mode". I believe this is was introduced under a recent firmware update, and that I had turned it on without understanding what this control actually does.

1706145912610.jpeg

The information tab explains in a roundabout manner that turning this on will lock all doors, trunk and frunk, rendering the door levers, trunk button and even the instrument controls for opening them useless.

1706146013790.jpeg

I guess this option may be helpful if you are in a crime-infested neighborhood and don't want anything but the driver door to be accessible.

Interestingly, it took them half a day to figure this all out, and even the service writer wasn't aware of this setting when I dropped off the vehicle. My advice to Tesla is to do a better job of labeling (I propose calling it the "Danger Will Robinson Mode") and explaining new features as they are introduced.

RM

Reactions: KG2V
I just returned from Tesla's service center, and the problem turned out to be a control setting issue.

In the Lock section of the car panel display, there is a setting labeled "Driver Door Unlock Mode". I believe this is was introduced under a recent firmware update, and that I had turned it on without understanding what this control actually does.

View attachment 1011954

The information tab explains in a roundabout manner that turning this on will lock all doors, trunk and frunk, rendering the door levers, trunk button and even the instrument controls for opening them useless.

View attachment 1011955

I guess this option may be helpful if you are in a crime-infested neighborhood and don't want anything but the driver door to be accessible.

Interestingly, it took them half a day to figure this all out, and even the service writer wasn't aware of this setting when I dropped off the vehicle. My advice to Tesla is to do a better job of labeling (I propose calling it the "Danger Will Robinson Mode") and explaining new features as they are introduced.

RM
We checked that first - like I said, service guy came out - bad harness! They are coming back Monday with a new one