Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this Model Y have FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I hope to join the club soon. Im looking at a 2020 MY Long Range and the ad does not say it has FSD but the screen shows this. Does this have FSD? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 9.52.57 PM.png

Thank you for the feedback. I have been looking at several, and this was the first one to display the "Autopilot computer: FSD comp" I wonder if that says "computer" or "compatible." I emailed yesterday, but only radio silence since. I'm wondering if that is how it shows FSD if you add it on later? Hope they reply soon. Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback. I have been looking at several, and this was the first one to display the "Autopilot computer: FSD comp" I wonder if that says "computer" or "compatible." I emailed yesterday, but only radio silence since. I'm wondering if that is how it shows FSD if you add it on later? Hope they reply soon. Thank you!

After the VIN line is the hardware line.

The hardware line does not mean that the software has been paid. In this case, the software FSD costs $10,000 but the hardware is included for free.

You got the free hardware but without the $10,000 FSD software, you just can't use any FSD features.

You know that the $10,000 FSD software is active or not by looking further down after the line "Additional vehicle information".

By the way, "active" does not mean when you buy it used from non-Tesla sources it will remain "active". That's because it's a software-enabled feature that can be easily disabled by Tesla at any time and you just have to prove that the $10,000 FSD software was paid.

There are various opinions/policies on why Tesla cannot take away your used FSD and it can not force you to pay $10,000 again to re-enable it but in my opinion, it's a grey legal area until someone can challenge Tesla its unilateral ability to disable an FSD at its own will or policy.

After the VIN line is the hardware line.

The hardware line does not mean that the software has been paid. In this case, the software FSD costs $10,000 but the hardware is included for free.

You got the free hardware but without the $10,000 FSD software, you just can't use any FSD features.

You know that the $10,000 FSD software is active or not by looking further down after the line "Additional vehicle information".

By the way, "active" does not mean when you buy it used from non-Tesla sources it will remain "active". That's because it's a software-enabled feature that can be easily disabled by Tesla at any time and you just have to prove that the $10,000 FSD software was paid.

There are various opinions/policies on why Tesla cannot take away your used FSD and it can not force you to pay $10,000 again to re-enable it but in my opinion, it's a grey legal area until someone can challenge Tesla its unilateral ability to disable an FSD at its own will or policy.
Thank you