Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does USSFCU issue Cashiers Checks or Standard Checks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery of a Model Y this week in Kennesaw GA, and I'm financing through USSFCU, and I want to inspect the car before I take delivery. Does USSFCU send me a cashiers check made out to Tesla that I can present at delivery?

I used USSFCU and picked up my MYLR last month. Their default is to send the check directly to Tesla but I asked my loan officer to send me the check directly so I could bring it with me. Note that they charge you $30 to FedEx it to you. I got it a couple of days before my delivery appointment. It was a cashier's check made out to Tesla. After I'd inspected the car, I handled over the check and transferred the down payment from my bank in the Tesla app.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Upvote 0
I used USSFCU and picked up my MYLR last month. Their default is to send the check directly to Tesla but I asked my loan officer to send me the check directly so I could bring it with me. Note that they charge you $30 to FedEx it to you. I got it a couple of days before my delivery appointment. It was a cashier's check made out to Tesla. After I'd inspected the car, I handled over the check and transferred the down payment from my bank in the Tesla app.
Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for thanks!

Upvote 0