Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing issue with released VI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m at my wits ends with USSFCU. I applied for a loan and was approved on 4/28. I asked them to send the check to me but instead they sent it to Tesla. When I went to pickup the Tesla and decided to release the VIN. Afterwards I emailed and called USSFCU to let them know and they said I didn’t have to do anything. For safety measures I uploaded the new MVPA to USSFCU and let them know and addendum needed to be done with the new VIN. My loan officer was out that day so another rep told me the addendum was made and gave me a letter through DocuSign.

A day ago the loan officer sent me an email stating that I needed to contact Tesla and tell them to return the check to USSFCU or write them a new and that I would have to reapply for a new loan with the higher interest rate (they cannot honor the original rate). To top it off, this morning I received a noticed from DocuSign that the loan agreement I signed will be removed due to a retention policy USSFCU has.

I’ve already made the first payment and at this point I’m not sure what actions I can take to keep my current interest rate. Any ideas?