Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USSFCU Loan Check Dispatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an approved loan from USSFCU. All the docs (MVPA, license) they need were uploaded a week ago and a loan officer confirmed I am all set.

Tesla is asking me to take delivery on Monday (6/26). USSFCU loan officers are gone for the day. I have left them a message in the message portal asking them to send the check to Tesla using FedEx over night option right away.

Is there enough time to make the Monday delivery work? I am nervous since there is only one business day left.

I have an approved loan from USSFCU. All the docs (MVPA, license) they need were uploaded a week ago and a loan officer confirmed I am all set.

Tesla is asking me to take delivery on Monday (6/26). USSFCU loan officers are gone for the day. I have left them a message in the message portal asking them to send the check to Tesla using FedEx over night option right away.

Is there enough time to make the Monday delivery work? I am nervous since there is only one business day left.
Ussfcu will send you a copy of the check and tracking info and Tesla will accept that for pickup.

Reactions: vijay_vj

Did they send you the loan docs to e sign? The check won’t be sent out until you sign. It’s possible they can get you the docs tomorrow, and once signed they should be able to mail the check. Try calling first thing tomorrow morning.

Reactions: vijay_vj
Did they send you the loan docs to e sign? The check won’t be sent out until you sign. It’s possible they can get you the docs tomorrow, and once signed they should be able to mail the check. Try calling first thing tomorrow morning.
They messaged me a while back saying the same thing - Need to sign the docs first. They are going to work on the docs tomorrow morning. I hope all of this can be sorted out tomorrow.

Ussfcu will send you a copy of the check and tracking info and Tesla will accept that for pickup.
I was just told by my Tesla SA that I cannot take deliver with a copy of the check and tracking info. I had it mailed directly to Tesla as I thought they would accept that but apparently not so I had to reschedule my delivery that was for today.

Last edited:
I was just told by my Tesla SA that I cannot take deliver with a copy of the check and tracking info. I had it mailed directly to Tesla as I thought they would accept that but apparently not so I had to reschedule my delivery that was for today.
I took delivery last month and they also asked for the signed loan agreement in addition to a copy of the check and tracking info. This was all done the Friday before 7/4 weekend so I can pick up on that Monday.

Tesla will accept these based on who the lender is, and if you get the ok from them beforehand. If it’s a financial institution they do a lot of business with, it’s not an issue (i.e. Digital Credit Union).
I took delivery today. It was a new guy that said it wasn't acceptable. They took the photocopy and tracking without any issue but the guy has to go ask his manager as he hadn't done it before. I used USSFCU which does a lot of Tesla loans.

I took delivery last month and they also asked for the signed loan agreement in addition to a copy of the check and tracking info. This was all done the Friday before 7/4 weekend so I can pick up on that Monday.
Where did you send the loan documents to? My advisor has no idea and just said “I hope your loan gets funded by your delivery date”…

Where did you send the loan documents to? My advisor has no idea and just said “I hope your loan gets funded by your delivery date”…
It was through the text message thread that they contacted me on when I placed my order. They told me that they can't accept files via text, so one of their reps immediately emailed me and asked me to attach the documents to email. I only had to do this because my loan was completed Friday and pick up scheduled Monday.

It was through the text message thread that they contacted me on when I placed my order. They told me that they can't accept files via text, so one of their reps immediately emailed me and asked me to attach the documents to email. I only had to do this because my loan was completed Friday and pick up scheduled Monday.
Ah ok. Thanks. I guess I have an advisor who doesn’t know how to do that. I’ll try giving them a call tomorrow.

So for anybody who's used USSFCU, any regrets or problems? Does USSFCU require ACH direct deposits for their top-tire rates like DCU?

I'm a current DCU member but was tipped off to USSFCU's better rates currently.

My local CU is decent, better rates than DCU and Tesla, but they are so old fashion, very limited and slow transfers to and from so looking for a more modern and friendly banking experience.

Current USSFC rates attached*

Attachments

• USSF CU Rates.jpg
    USSF CU Rates.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 59
So for anybody who's used USSFCU, any regrets or problems? Does USSFCU require ACH direct deposits for their top-tire rates like DCU?

I'm a current DCU member but was tipped off to USSFCU's better rates currently.

My local CU is decent, better rates than DCU and Tesla, but they are so old fashion, very limited and slow transfers to and from so looking for a more modern and friendly banking experience.

Current USSFC rates attached*
They require loan payments to come from a USSFCU account for their lowest rates.

I set up an automatic monthly scheduled ACH transfer from my current bank's checking account to deposit in my USSFCU savings account. Worked fine for my first payment this month.